Machota: Cowboys 53-man roster projection - What happens at WR and tough cuts on defensive line

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It was just Rush, he has all kinds of mojo chemistry with Prescott.

You'll see.

I dunno man, I have never been impressed with the kid.

He reminds me of Patrick Crayton.
Tolbert has way more natural athleticism/physical ability than Crayton. Bigger, faster, more of a vertical threat.

He may only max out as a good number 3 like Crayton but he has the potential to be way more. He's almost identical to Gallup physically, he just needs to become a better route runner.

I'm going to ignore his jittery hands against the Broncos since that hasn't really been an issue for him in college or seemingly in camp.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm afraid it's going to be a lot of dink and dunk to try to smoke and mirrors the lack of talent.
I think there will be a lot of passes to backs out of the backfield, and that's okay. As long as they mix up the schemes enough to confuse the defense, I would have Pollard and Zeke on the field together a lot.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think there will be a lot of passes to backs out of the backfield, and that's okay. As long as they mix up the schemes enough to confuse the defense, I would have Pollard and Zeke on the field together a lot.
That's what we should do. Coaching 101... put your best players on the field. Is Pollard a better player than Tolbert or Brown? Yes.

But do you have confidence we'll do that? Sadly, no. I bet we still see plenty of 3 WR sets.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's what we should do. Coaching 101... put your best players on the field. Is Pollard a better player than Tolbert or Brown? Yes.

But do you have confidence we'll do that? Sadly, no. I bet we still see plenty of 3 WR sets.
3 WR sets without Gallup as a main scheme would be a huge mistake.

Top Bottom