Machota: Cowboys ‘shocked’ by blowout loss to Broncos - ‘They whooped us in every aspect’

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
we aren't talking final score or stats ..simply he stayed in for extra work, thats it, anyone cares about that term garbage stats or scores needs to realize its needles sto worry about..all qbs get the same opportunities and no asterisks next to those particular plays..

it evens out over a FULL season, which BTW we are 6-2 with 9 left..not jumping off a cliff right now..

the goal is the playoffs. Yesterdays game didnt change any playoff positioning's at all.

no, but some bad teams made a statement that they might be making progress and the Cowboys clearly showed they may not be ready for Prime time. We could be wrong, but stats never tell teh whole story and frankly a lesser team had no problem beating us, In fairness usually thats not jsut the players for Dallas.

bleedsblue42021117

DCC 4Life
no, but some bad teams made a statement that they might be making progress and the Cowboys clearly showed they may not be ready for Prime time. We could be wrong, but stats never tell the whole story and frankly a lesser team had no problem beating us, In fairness usually thats not just the players for Dallas.
so the

Bills LOST to Jags LMAO i mean how embarrassing is that
packers- well they were short a qb but still we won with rush! no excuse next man up
Rams- looked horrible
raiders- in shambles lost to NY more upset about that then our loss
bengals- embarrassed by the jets and browns b2b weeks after being on a roll
eagles - well they lost all i care about
Saints-get beat by the falcons ouch..fire peyton LOL

Oh and the Vikes nearly beat the ravens ran all over that defense scored ton on the road..it was miracle pass and catch to win it. shame , we just beat that team with our Backup QB and no Tyron..hmm

all lost as well you mean the teams that beat them LMAO..whos coming for us? a division win guarantees the 4th seed , nothings changed from our loss..

Bucs/WFT off

no harm no foul it was ugly time to move on! a bunch of 2 loss teams in the league with us..

Falcons next..

Last edited:

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
so the

packers- well they were short a qb but still we won with rush! no excuse next man up
Rams- looked horrible

all lost as well you mean the teams that beat them LMAO..whos coming for us? a division win guarantees the 4th seed , nothings changed from our loss..

Bucs/WFT off

no harm no foul it was ugly time to move on! a bunch of 2 loss teams in the league with us..

Falcons next..

did the bills lose because their DL was bad which made their LB corp be bad? or did their WR corp make their TE look bad? Who are we blaming for the losses?

I have said before Buff is fools gold.

Dont take the Rams serious yet, but look better than the Cowboys right now, but thats week to week.

Raiders are a mess i dont buy into them

Bengals be Bengals nothing has changed there.

Eagles are flopping tho i did feel they would be an X Factor this year, luckily it was a bad X.

Saints really dropped the ball harder than the Cowboys. That loss is more mind blowing than the Cowboys because the Cowboys have not put up an incredible season for a while. Maybe the last best one was with wade, maybe.

So, except for the Saints, who has done more than the Cowboys as of late, really its just a hit of reality for some people who were buying what the PR Machine was selling yet again. Some people think if you play Lucy holding the football one year Charlie Brown will kick it. Well last night they got a dose of reality.

However, the Dl play would not have made Jaylon look bad, JS will do that on his own, or did the DL in GB make him look bad too? asking for the new team thats about to sign him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I look forward to the re-write of that fucked up punt rule. The single most idiotic ruling Ive ever seen.
Actually it's really not a dumb rule. Just like any other punt, once the ball went past the LOS and was touched by the return team, it's considered a live ball.

bleedsblue42021117

DCC 4Life
did the bills lose because their DL was bad which made their LB corp be bad? or did their WR corp make their TE look bad? Who are we blaming for the losses?

I have said before Buff is fools gold.

Dont take the Rams serious yet, but look better than the Cowboys right now, but thats week to week.

Raiders are a mess i dont buy into them

Bengals be Bengals nothing has changed there.

Eagles are flopping tho i did feel they would be an X Factor this year, luckily it was a bad X.

Saints really dropped the ball harder than the Cowboys. That loss is more mind blowing than the Cowboys because the Cowboys have not put up an incredible season for a while. Maybe the last best one was with wade, maybe.

So, except for the Saints, who has done more than the Cowboys as of late, really its just a hit of reality for some people who were buying what the PR Machine was selling yet again. Some people think if you play Lucy holding the football one year Charlie Brown will kick it. Well last night they got a dose of reality.

However, the Dl play would not have made Jaylon look bad, JS will do that on his own, or did the DL in GB make him look bad too? asking for the new team thats about to sign him.
wow that an ginat list of excuses and back tracking to somehow make our loss worse..what ever!!..all are playoff teams besides the eagles..
doesn't matter, they all lost and im betting the fans aren't falling off a cliff with the knee jerk reactions

One loss is loss doesn't count as two last i checked there arent losses that count more then others.. One game first bad game we have played as a TEAM, total team loss, and well a much bigger deal is being made of it then it deserves..

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Actually it's really not a dumb rule. Just like any other punt, once the ball went past the LOS and was touched by the return team, it's considered a live ball.
It's not dumb if the ball had not been blocked. There needs to be a differentiation between the ball being touched behind the LOS and it not. It's a retarded ass rule. They need to fix it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's not dumb if the ball had not been blocked. There needs to be a differentiation between the ball being touched behind the LOS and it not. It's a retarded ass rule. They need to fix it.
I'd like to see it changed as well, especially in cases where the ball just happens to be blocked into a player who's not even attempting to recover it. But I do understand the current rule. Think of it like this. On those punts that are partially blocked but still travel 30 yards downfield. If a member of the return team touches the ball in those circumstances, the ball is live for anyone to recover.

In both instances the ball travels beyond the LOS. So where do you draw the line? 5 yards beyond the LOS? 20 yards beyond?

• Props
Reactions: p1_

shoop

Semi-contributing member
so the

Rams- looked horrible

Oh and the Vikes nearly beat the ravens ran all over that defense scored ton on the road..it was miracle pass and catch to win it. shame , we just beat that team with our Backup QB and no Tyron..hmm

Bucs/WFT off

Falcons next..
Sometimes I’m just not sure what your point is. In one thread you sound like you are ridiculing the team for their actions. In others you sound like you are ridiculing the faith people have in the team, and then others where it seems like you are against people who criticize the team. I think that is where you are getting the perception that people are against you. They just aren’t sure what point you are trying to make.

Cotton

Staff member
I'd like to see it changed as well, especially in cases where the ball just happens to be blocked into a player who's not even attempting to recover it. But I do understand the current rule. Think of it like this. On those punts that are partially blocked but still travel 30 yards downfield. If a member of the return team touches the ball in those circumstances, the ball is live for anyone to recover.

In both instances the ball travels beyond the LOS. So where do you draw the line? 5 yards beyond the LOS? 20 yards beyond?
It should be, "If a player attempts to catch a live punt that has not been touched by any player, and fails to do so, it is a live ball." That eliminates all of this crap about incidental touching and touching after a block.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

shoop

Semi-contributing member

Similar to a field goal. They are giving up possession of the ball. I see where the ruling makes sense but the block changes it. If they recover behind the line of scrimmage they don’t get a new set of downs. If that’s the case then they should have to advance the ball for a first or still lose possession. Otherwise some genius would come up with a trick play to kick it off a defender on purpose.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just like if a pass is tipped at the LOS. Once that happens, there can no longer be pass interference. Should be the same concept in this situation.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

The thing is, if this scenario happens, 99.99% of the time the ball would then be past the first down mark. In this case, it still wasn't even close. You should have to at least be past the line of gain to be rewarded with a first down.

bleedsblue42021117

DCC 4Life
Sometimes I’m just not sure what your point is. In one thread you sound like you are ridiculing the team for their actions. In others you sound like you are ridiculing the faith people have in the team, and then others where it seems like you are against people who criticize the team. I think that is where you are getting the perception that people are against you. They just aren’t sure what point you are trying to make.
both points wrong, you are so far off im sorry cant help much..

Im saying all teams experience these types of losses and get beat by lessor opponents and one loss, even one that was lopsided against denver, doesn't matter in the big picture..

Its a marathon not sprint and those type of loses happen to all teams even great ones along the way. there are pros on both sides and ANY GIVEN SUNDAY applies.

most of the post in Cowboy world are the sky is falling, its over, here we go again nonsense, and negativity, im bashing fans not the team..
back to calling out every player and every coach , its gets rather old we are 6-2 playoff pictures the same as it was before the game..

I have complete faith in the team not the fan base LOL

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
both points wrong, you are so far off im sorry cant help much..

Im saying all teams experience these types of losses and get beat by lessor opponents and one loss, even one that was lopsided against denver, doesn't matter in the big picture..

Its a marathon not sprint and those type of loses happen to all teams even great ones along the way. there are pros on both sides and ANY GIVEN SUNDAY applies.

most of the post in Cowboy world are the sky is falling, its over, here we go again nonsense, and negativity, im bashing fans not the team..
back to calling out every player and every coach , its gets rather old we are 6-2 playoff pictures the same as it was before the game..

I have complete faith in the team not the fan base LOL

a team that has not been relevent for over 20 years. that sir is strong in the force.

For me

Team

Coaching staff

Front office.

Thats how i rank my likes in this organization.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The thing is, if this scenario happens, 99.99% of the time the ball would then be past the first down mark. In this case, it still wasn't even close. You should have to at least be past the line of gain to be rewarded with a first down.
Not if an idiot who doesn’t know the rules muffs the damned thing. Then the first down marker doesn’t matter because it’s a live punt.

It’s Leon Lett all over again, just a different kind of kick. Leon never possessed and fumbled the ball, he muffed it and gave the Dolphins an easy chip shot to win the game.

The difference (besides the kind of kick) between then and now, was then at least three separate Cowboys were waving teammates off the ball saying not to touch it. This time the team, like the fans, was too busy celebrating instead of finishing the play and warning the rook to leave the ball alone.

Yeah it blows because that was our ticket back into the game. But you have to know the f’ing rules.

Cotton

Staff member
Not if an idiot who doesn’t know the rules muffs the damned thing. Then the first down marker doesn’t matter because it’s a live punt.

It’s Leon Lett all over again, just a different kind of kick. Leon never possessed and fumbled the ball, he muffed it and gave the Dolphins an easy chip shot to win the game.

The difference (besides the kind of kick) between then and now, was then at least three separate Cowboys were waving teammates off the ball saying not to touch it. This time the team, like the fans, was too busy celebrating instead of finishing the play and warning the rook to leave the ball alone.

Yeah it blows because that was our ticket back into the game. But you have to know the f’ing rules.
Nobody is saying that it isn't a rule, just that it is a stupid rule and they need to fix that shit.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Good point. Except nobody is making it. Only saying it's a stupid rule.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Good point. Except nobody is making it. Only saying it's a stupid rule.
I get it. The normal punt muff rules were written to cover 4th and 1 same as 4th and 40 but it sounds like we are looking for a rule change specifically regarding muffs:

Net yardage by either team advancing a muffed punt counts against the punting down.

That would have given the ball back to Dallas since in effect it would have counted as advancement stopped short of the first down.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I get it. The normal punt muff rules were written to cover 4th and 1 same as 4th and 40 but it sounds like we are looking for a rule change specifically regarding muffs:

Net yardage by either team advancing a muffed punt counts against the punting down.

That would have given the ball back to Dallas since in effect it would have counted as advancement stopped short of the first down.
This would be perfect but there isn't enough legalese and gray area for the NFL

Top Bottom