Machota: Cowboys’ to-do list - What still needs to be addressed on the roster

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
These kinds of guys rarely become what they were drafted to be all within their rookie year.
Those that make it show some flash. I didn't see that from Bohanna.

So, until he does, I am considering him dogshit and drafting another fat fuck.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's Montavious Stanley to me until proven otherwise.
I think that’s a given

I’d like to see a huge leap in snap count higher than the 19-20% he had in 2021.

But c-rock is correct that some of these rookies stand to make a sophomore leap. Some won’t, and right now Joseph and Bohanna are behind the 8-ball.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I’d like to see a huge leap in snap count higher than the 19-20% he had in 2021.

But c-rock is correct that some of these rookies stand to make a sophomore leap.

He needs to earn that. If he even can.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He needs to earn that. If he even can.
Maybe he can't but I hope he can. Frankly I've got higher hopes for Osa who I thought flashed a lot in the first half of the season. And then faded in the second half. I've got more hope that a guy like him can take a massive leap forward going into the second year and I think there is reason to believe that. The Bohana hope is more just blind homer hope. I probably can only count a couple of plays I can recall where he stood out for doing something good. And even those plays weren't good enough to really stand out on the stat sheet. He will either work his ass off and replace fat with muscle and improve his technique or he won't. I have no idea what he is doing right now. But I do find him enjoyable for some reason. Probably because he is the biggest DT we have had that I can remember in a very long time.

p1_

DCC 4Life
3 solo tackles and 7 assists in 223 defensive snaps. Not a ton of action for the rook.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He has a ways to go for sure. He either makes the sophomore leap or it’s doubtful his career amounts to much.

I’m rooting for him

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The biggest problem I saw with Bohanna was his getoff seemed bad. He's definitely big enough and is going to be strong enough, but he was so slow to react to the snap that people would get into him. I remember Bill Walsh saying football was like boxing in that if you beat your man to the punch, even by a fraction of a second, it made all the difference.

Maybe that improves with more training. He also could have been slow off the ball because he was thinking too much about his assignment, which can be fixed with more repetitions.

Top Bottom