Machota: Brees: Cowboys DE Ware is a game-changer

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
BY: JON MACHOTA

IRVING, Texas — DeMarcus Ware practiced Wednesday for the first time since straining his right quadriceps Oct. 13 against Washington.

Probably not the news that New Orleans quarterback Drew Brees wanted to hear. The seven-time Pro Bowl defensive end has 115 sacks in his career and four of them have come against Brees.

"He's a stud. He's such a stud," Brees said Wednesday. "He's a guy you've got to have a plan for at all times. Where is he? How you protect [against] him? How you take care of him? All that stuff. You know the leadership he brings. You know the productivity that he brings. He's just a game-changer, so you've always got to be ready for him."

Ware, who has four sacks this season, was wearing his helmet, shoulder pads and sweatpants during the portion of practice that was open to the media Wednesday at AT&T Stadium.

Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Tuesday that he thinks Ware will be ready for Sunday's game in New Orleans.

"DeMarcus Ware is one of the best players in the league," Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett said Wednesday. "So it's certainly better to have him than not have him. Hopefully he's healthy and ready to go. He's a guy who can impact the ballgame himself, he's done that throughout his career. He's a mismatch type player.

"Typically, he gets a lot of attention and like a lot of great players in this league, continues to show up and have an impact on the ball game. He's a great player. Hopefully he'll have a great week of practice and hopefully he'll be available for this game."

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Funny thing is, the ONE big game that Ware actually did take over in his career was that Saints game in 2009.

It's a shame he doesn't have more performances like that in crucial games.

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
I'd rest Ware another week, then play him against the Giants after the bye. No need to rush him back when this game is gonna be a shootout anyways. We won't see much defensively.

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
I'd rest Ware another week, then play him against the Giants after the bye. No need to rush him back when this game is gonna be a shootout anyways. We won't see much defensively.
I wouldn't rest him. Fire every bullet in your gun. The dude destroyed Brees and the undefeated Saints in 2009 when everyone predicted a Dallas L. He should be 100% or damn close to it. I'm hoping Marinelli has been using every motivational trick in the book to get Ware pumped up...

We need our playmakers to step up-- and although we fart away a game or two every year like we did in Detroit-- we're also good for one or two surprise wins against decent opponents. Getting a W on Sun and going into the bye 6-4 would be a huge step towards building some momentum and staking a claim to the division crown.

Sure-- some people will point out that we'll likely be one and done in the playoffs-- and we're nowhere near SB contender (again)-- but for me, beating the rest of the NFCE is always enjoyable.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
You never know what'll happen in dem playoffs. ~salesman wink~

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Saints OL and running game has been struggling. Mark Ingram has been a wasted draft pick to this point.

Brees and Graham are totally carrying them and their defense is nowhere near as good as the 2009 team's. Miles Austin was having his best year then, but Dez Bryant is at another level entirely and Austin didn't have the complement Williams has already become. I even think DeMarco Murray gives Dallas a better chance to run the ball than the team had in 2009-- if only Garrett will let him.

jester

Brand New Member
If Ware is cleared to play, then he should. As to his effectiveness, even the threat of him is better than not having him in the game.
Brees obviously thinks highly of Ware's skills, as we all are so why not play on that. If Ware is not back to form, just have him in on select plays, "passing situations" or limited reps to maximize his effectiveness or even at worst a decoy.

We're gonna need all hands on deck to beat the Saints, the Giants are like a beaten dog, skered of it's own shadow.

Lotuseater

Banned
This is a rock solid loss, and a lopsided one at that. Mark it down. No chance. Peyton outclasses garrett to a laughable extent.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is a rock solid loss, and a lopsided one at that. Mark it down. No chance. Peyton outclasses garrett to a laughable extent.
New Orleans' OL is not very good and their running game is below average. Even the passing offense isn't Denver with multiple dangerous threats in Wes Welker, DeMaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, and Julius Thomas with Manning releasing the ball in 2 and a half seconds. The Saints have Graham and that's it. Peyton is very good, but he's at his best only when his team has offensive balance.

Lotuseater

Banned
New Orleans' OL is not very good and their running game is below average. Even the passing offense isn't Denver with multiple dangerous threats in Wes Welker, DeMaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, and Julius Thomas with Manning releasing the ball in 2 and a half seconds. The Saints have Graham and that's it. Peyton is very good, but he's at his best only when his team has offensive balance.
Meant sean Payton. You guys watch, they are gonna run the ball all over us today. Its how things go with Dallas. The Saints weakness will become a strength against us. Then Graham will go for 90 and 2 tds. Game over.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Meant sean Payton. You guys watch, they are gonna run the ball all over us today. Its how things go with Dallas. The Saints weakness will become a strength against us. Then Graham will go for 90 and 2 tds. Game over.
I would prefer it if N.O. did run the ball. They would be more manageable than with Brees lighting up the secondary.

Last edited:

jester

Brand New Member
Be careful what you wish for... I see a N.O. Rope a Dooe w the running game keeping the game close then unloading Breese after the Defense gaining confidence in their ability to keeo Brees in check only to get burned when it counts.

If the Red Pube decides to be aggressive and the wrs decide to catch the ball. We could take the fight to them and let the last score wins type of game. Basically status quo Cowboy football.

Top Bottom