Lombardi: Jerry Jones cares more about winning his way than he does just winning

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Jones doesn’t have to be qualified to do anything on the football franchise. Being owner qualifies you to be anything you want to do. It doesn’t matter whether the fans are ok with that or not. If he is ok with it then that’s is all that has to happen.

This has been the circumstance for nearly 30 years and it will continue for as long as he is able to sign the checks. Nothing is going to change this structure until such time as he is incapacitated and then the replacement will have the same complete authority because the franchise will remain in the family.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Jones doesn’t have to be qualified to do anything on the football franchise. Being owner qualifies you to be anything you want to do. It doesn’t matter whether the fans are ok with that or not. If he is ok with it then that’s is all that has to happen.

This has been the circumstance for nearly 30 years and it will continue for as long as he is able to sign the checks. Nothing is going to change this structure until such time as he is incapacitated and then the replacement will have the same complete authority because the franchise will remain in the family.
And remain just as shitty as it is now. Heaven help us when the grandson gets the reigns.

data

Forbes #1
Tell that to Jerry Richardson

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And remain just as shitty as it is now. Heaven help us when the grandson gets the reigns.
I just wonder what the chain of succession is.

It will go to Goof first. Then what? Jerry Jr.? Charlotte?

Shy?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
That ring doesn't mean shit. Do you actually think that playing football in college teaches one the intricacies of the game? Are you actually being serious right now? Surely not.
Lol.....that’s exactly right. My best friend played OLB under Jerry Glanville at Georgia Tech. He was recruited as a 5 star player out of Macon GA. He didn’t win a Championship, but he was a helluva D1 player. His knowledge of the game is really no better than most of the posters on this board. Being a great player in college isn’t a direct translation of success in personnel and football operations.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I just wonder what the chain of succession is.

It will go to Goof first. Then what? Jerry Jr.? Charlotte?

Shy?
I think its going to be Stephen and then Shy. That should keep it in the family for another 80 years.

DontCryWolfe

DCC 4Life
The bad news boys and girls is that piss poorly ran organizations don’t win championships. Especially not in the NFL, it’s too competitive. Relevance, ”change”, and good PR work is what has hooked us in this time.

We have as good a chance of competing for a title as say the Lions, or the Bengals. It’s just different for us because we are the Cowboys. As long as the Jones rule things, we will never contend.

The good news? There is alcohol. That’s all i’ve got.

May God have mercy on your souls, and long live the DCC.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I think its going to be Stephen and then Shy. That should keep it in the family for another 80 years.
It'll be John Stephen eventually... after all he won a state champion and stuff.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
The bad news boys and girls is that piss poorly ran organizations don’t win championships in today's NFL. Especially not in the NFL, it’s too competitive. Relevance, ”change”, and good PR work is what has hooked us in this time.

We have as good a chance of competing for a title as say the Lions, or the Bengals. It’s just different for us because we are the Cowboys. As long as the Jones rule things, we will never contend.

The good news? There is alcohol. That’s all i’ve got.

May God have mercy on your souls, and long live the DCC.
If it weren't for FA and the salary cap, the Cowboys and Redskins would have 10+ Lombardi trophies each.

Top Bottom