LOLs

p1_

DCC 4Life
what happened to the new members thread ( aka Zone refugees holding pen) ?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I believe this more than the line thing. Post-Barber until Murray was poor.
You don't remember the comment from Jones about being able to have a less than stellar line when your QB can run around and create?

That's not verbatim, but close enough. They didn't get serious about building that line until Tony started to breakdown.

data

Forbes #1
@Iamtdg just played the Huckleberry to Aaron Burr’s Johnny Ringo.

‘Come in, one more lol. You ain’t got it in ya’

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
You don't remember the comment from Jones about being able to have a less than stellar line when your QB can run around and create?

That's not verbatim, but close enough. They didn't get serious about building that line until Tony started to breakdown.

And that Parcells had him running like a robot. And him tapping out.

But for 4 weeks in 2004 he was Barry Sanders.

data

Forbes #1
And that Parcells had him running like a robot. And him tapping out.

But for 4 weeks in 2004 he was Barry Sanders.
That motherfuckin 2004 draft. We got cute.

A deep draft for RBs, so instead of just taking Steven Jackson, we trade down into the second round, thinking we could trade back up, grab a top RB still and come out of it with extra picks.

As I recall, RBs flying off the board at end of 1st and ESPN showing our War Room frantically working phones to trade back up.

Steven Jackson gone, Chris Perry gone, Kevin Jones gone, Tatum Bell gone.

We were lucky to get Julius Jones as the last of the top tier RBs cuz the next RB wasn’t drafted until late 4th.

I would’ve been okay with Kevin Jones or Tatum Bell, but Steven Jackson to me was a no-brainer #1 RB at a position of need and an order of magnitude better prospect than #2 RB prospect.

Turns out, all of those RBs flamed out except Steven Jackson.

To me, top 3 first round blunder during Jones era and first moment where I really soured on GM Jerry Jones.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

A deep draft for RBs, so instead of just taking Steven Jackson, we trade down into the second round, thinking we could trade back up, grab a top RB still and come out of it with extra picks.

As I recall, RBs flying off the board at end of 1st and ESPN showing our War Room frantically working phones to trade back up.

We were lucky to get Julius Jones as the last of the top tier RBs cuz the next RB wasn’t drafted until late 4th.

I would’ve been okay with Kevin Jones or Tatum Bell, but Steven Jackson to me was a no-brainer #1 RB at a position of need, as an order of magnitude better prospect than #2 RB prospect.

To me, top 3 first round blunder during Jones era.
Jerry Jones was pretty much an easy mark in that era. Every time he traded down, he ended up fucking it up.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I would’ve been okay with Kevin Jones or Tatum Bell, but Steven Jackson to me was a no-brainer #1 RB at a position of need and an order of magnitude better prospect than #2 RB prospect.

To me, top 3 first round blunder during Jones era and first moment where I really soured on GM Jerry Jones.
Passing on SJ and Moss are definitely top 2 for me.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I would’ve been okay with Kevin Jones or Tatum Bell, but Steven Jackson to me was a no-brainer #1 RB at a position of need, as an order of magnitude better prospect than #2 RB prospect.

I liked the trade at the time. And in retrospect I still like it.

Yes Steven Jackson was way better, but you can find running backs. That future first on the other hand was pretty valuable. Even though we got unlucky with where the pick landed.

I'm not sure we draft Ware if we don't have that second first round pick in 05. I think they took Ware knowing they could still get Spears at 20. Supposedly Parcells really wanted Spears.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Passing on SJ and Moss are definitely top 2 for me.
Moss is in a different echelon.

I don't know what the hell Chan Gailey held over his Jones' wrinkled head to make him pick Greg Fuckin' Ellis.

Gailey can go straight to hell, man. He took a horse dump in Dallas, then went and spray-painted the bowl with my Yellowjackets.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Moss is in a different echelon.

I don't know what the hell Chan Gailey held over his Jones' wrinkled head to make him pick Greg Fuckin' Ellis.

Gailey can go straight to hell, man. He took a horse dump in Dallas, then went and spray-painted the bowl with my Yellowjackets.
5-11

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Fuck that 04 draft.

Top Bottom