LOL @ the Redskins

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Red wolves is the only decent one of those awful choices. The woke police can find problems with all the others.

At least they aren't sticking with Football Team like that soccer-loving executive of theirs seemed to want.

But please go with Monarchs. The butterfly jokes would be too easy.
I am shocked that Red Tail stuff isn't still being considered.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I am shocked that Red Tail stuff isn't still being considered.
Is this an official list? I assumed those were just speculated names, as lame as they are.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Red wolves is the only decent one of those awful choices. The woke police can find problems with all the others.

At least they aren't sticking with Football Team like that soccer-loving executive of theirs seemed to want.

But please go with Monarchs. The butterfly jokes would be too easy.

I actually think Renegades is the best of those. Most of the rest are awful, I agree.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
In what way? I'm missing it.

I don't think it's great for what it's worth, but the rest are terrible.

It honestly should be Hogs or something similar.
I dunno. The definition, it is a disloyal person who betrays a cause or religion, political party, friend etc.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Apparently critically endangered. Like maybe a few dozen left.

THE REDSKINS ARE MONSTERS THAT HATE THE ENVIRONMENT IF THEY DO NOT ADOPT THIS NAME.
It could go either way.

THE REDSKINS ARE INSENSITIVE MONSTERS THAT WOULD DARE NAME THEIR TEAM AFTER AN ANIMAL UNDER SUCH DISTRESS.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Typical network broadcast: "Did we mention that he went to Harvard? Because he went to Harvard."

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If I were Snyder, I'd organize some sort of meeting with the leaders of the Native American community and work with them to come up with a team name and logo that represents that culture respectfully and honorably.

That way, you get to keep things as close to how you had it before and you do so with the approval of their community which also helps to shut up all the PC folks.

I guess no one over there thought of that or maybe it's just not as easy as I'm thinking it would be.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If I were Snyder, I'd organize some sort of meeting with the leaders of the Native American community and work with them to come up with a team name and logo that represents that culture respectfully and honorably.

That way, you get to keep things as close to how you had it before and you do so with the approval of their community which also helps to shut up all the PC folks.

I guess no one over there thought of that or maybe it's just not as easy as I'm thinking it would be.
I think it is well beyond that stage of sanity.

Top Bottom