LOL @ the Redskins

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Why is this so hard?

If I wanted to keep this as close to what they had before, I'd keep the feather logo with the R and go with something like Rebels or Renegades.

Even the Washington Warriors has a nice ring to it. Just replace the R in the circle with a W.

Are they overcomplicating this or am I oversimplifying it?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Why is this so hard?

If I wanted to keep this as close to what they had before, I'd keep the feather logo with the R and go with something like Rebels or Renegades.

Even the Washington Warriors has a nice ring to it. Just replace the R in the circle with a W.

Well, with the woke mob looming over their shoulder, their choice of words is very limited.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Hell, someone is going to be offended no matter what they choose. Which is tiring, to say the least.

A wise man (Yoda) once said, "Once you go down the path of the darkside, forever will it dominate your destiny."

As soon as they let the woke idiots determine the name of their team, they guaranteed they will be paying that tithe for eternity.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
A wise man (Yoda) once said, "Once you go down the path of the darkside, forever will it dominate your destiny."

As soon as they let the woke idiots determine the name of their team, they guaranteed they will be paying that tithe for eternity.
It's never enough for that group.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Why is this so hard?

It should be Washington Warriors but they were scolded off using Native American imagery by the liberals.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It should be Washington Warriors but they were scolded off using Native American imagery by the liberals.
Again, why not just the feather with the letter W?

They already used that logo with the letter R for their throwbacks.

At some point, you do have to draw the line and I would've drawn it there.

There is nothing about that logo that is even the slightest bit of offensive.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Hello... Cultural appropriation.

That feather would have caused mass hysteria.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hello... Cultural appropriation.

That feather would have caused mass hysteria.
I'm all for getting rid of antiquated terms and other things that were offensive but became accepted because they were for the norm for so long.

I also don't believe it's my place to tell a group of people how they should feel about a term used to describe them that they didn't invent.

Do I think Redskin was the worst thing in the world? No I do not. But I'm also not a Native American so I'm not going to argue just how offensive or inoffensive it is.

My point is, I think I have a very fair and reasonable outlook on these types of things and yet I still feel we're going way too far with this shit.

WTF is LatinX? As a person of Latino descent , there is absolutely nothing wrong with either the term Latino or Hispanic. So why in the world did someone feel the need to come up with LatinX?

It's at a point now where you have to damn near ask permission to create anything that will go public or fear getting canceled.

This is a very dangerous road we're heading down and sadly, it's not just limited to the United States.

This is a global dilemma now.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Yeah, it shouldn't be.

You know who to blame.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm all for getting rid of antiquated terms and other things that were offensive but became accepted because they were for the norm for so long.

I also don't believe it's my place to tell a group of people how they should feel about a term used to describe them that they didn't invent.

Do I think Redskin was the worst thing in the world? No I do not. But I'm also not a Native American so I'm not going to argue just how offensive or inoffensive it is.
The problem is, Native Americans didn't even think it was a problem.

Just a minority of them who wanted to cause a stir. Just like LatinX.

My point is, I think I have a very fair and reasonable outlook on these types of things and yet I still feel we're going way too far with this shit.

WTF is LatinX? As a person of Latino descent , there is absolutely nothing wrong with either the term Latino or Hispanic. So why in the world did someone feel the need to come up with LatinX?
And do those people speak for you?

No, but the corporations, media, and one wing of the government pretend they do.

It's at a point now where you have to damn near ask permission to create anything that will go public or fear getting canceled.

This is a very dangerous road we're heading down and sadly, it's not just limited to the United States.

This is a global dilemma now.
Vote appropriately.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The problem is, Native Americans didn't even think it was a problem
Yeah I remember when this shit first started a bunch of reservation schools came forward with they were named the Redskins too but that didn't fit the narrative so the media never amplified their voice like they did the sjw warrior faction

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Vote appropriately.
I don't want to turn this into a political chat, but I'll just tell you like I've told my dad about this very subject -- voting won't change it.

The world, not just the US, is going in one direction and there's no stopping that train.

So if you want to vote Republican, as my entire family typically does, do so for reasons and for things politicians can actually change.

Voting to preserve a way of life is a waste of your vote because no one wants to be canceled because they are considered to be discriminative or non-inclusive. So even if they agree with that point or view, it's about their bottom dollar and that is exactly why Dan Snyder changed the name.

He didn't have a change of heart or all of sudden find the team name offensive. He lost his sponsors and knew that if he wanted to continue to be the owner of that particular NFL team, he'd have to give in.

As the younger generations come along, whether they be left/right, conservative/liberal, etc. They are only to going further be about not excluding any group of people from anything.

Whether we all like or not, the world is changing and even the powers that be, be that a politician or a CEO of a major corporation, will conform with those new norms or find themselves on the outs. And for those reasons, long gone will be the days of them publicly speaking out against anything that will harm their reputation.

All you can do is control the message you choose to send in your household.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
All you can do is control the message you choose to send in your household.
This is basically the fall of Rome. Republicans have been such pussies over the last 20+ years we're pretty much fucked. They campaign on repealing the Dem overreach but never do anything while Dems constantly erode our rights little by little. That's why Trump got such backing.

Sadly this is going to come to civil war and I don't see a way forward without it

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't want to turn this into a political chat, but I'll just tell you like I've told my dad about this very subject -- voting won't change it.
Maybe but it beats doing nothing.

The world, not just the US, is going in one direction and there's no stopping that train.
Maybe but it beats doing nothing.

Voting to preserve a way of life is a waste of your vote because no one wants to be canceled because they are considered to be discriminative or non-inclusive. So even if they agree with that point or view, it's about their bottom dollar and that is exactly why Dan Snyder changed the name.
The problem is the control over the narrative that labels something discriminative or non-inclusive when it's really not either of those things. It's allowing people, for example, that rightly and compassionately say that real transgenderism is a mental illness that needs caring treatment, not blanket justification, to be labeled as "hate filled," and "phobic," instead of giving credence to the actual science and their actual perspective. It's allowing people who push back with actual facts on police violence against minorities to be labeled as "white supremacists," "racists," and "extremists."

The liberal wing makes up the lies, the media propagates the lies, the schools teach the lies, and everything trickles down.

Can't change the world, but you can change the country. The world has to have the rest of it's citizens fix things.

Maybe we need to make wholesale changes to the media and the education system.

Top Bottom