LOL @ the Redskins

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Gruden says the clock is ticking on Griffin, this just keeps getting better and better. Usually it takes 2-3 years for the Redskins to reach this level of dysfunction with a new coaching staff, but this time it's happening right away, so glorious.
Indeed. I hope they maintain this level of dysfunction.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You know what would really concern me if I were a Redskin fan....the total lack of fight in RG3.

Think about it. The guy was thrown under the bus and challenged by his head coach.....basically told to put up or shut up. And then he comes out there and folds like a cheap tent.

I didn't see any fire or extra motivation in his play. He looked lethargic and scared of the moment. You have to at least go down swinging instead of going down with a whimper which is what RG3 did.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You know what would really concern me if I were a Redskin fan....the total lack of fight in RG3.

Think about it. They guy was thrown under the bus and challenged by his head coach.....basically told to put up or shut up. And then he comes out there and folds like a cheap tent.

I didn't see any fire or extra motivation in his play. He looked lethargic and scared of the moment. You have to at least go down swinging instead of going down with a whimper which is what RG3 did.

This is something new for him and he doesn't know how to handle it. Ever since high school he has been put on a pedastal and given into his every whim. His parents are the worst. Basically everybody but my wife (high school teacher who wouldn't let him bully another teacher into a higher grade).

1bigfan13

Staff member
This is something new for him and he doesn't know how to handle it. Ever since high school he has been put on a pedastal and given into his every whim. His parents are the worst. Basically everybody but my wife (high school teacher who wouldn't let him bully another teacher into a higher grade).
If he was coddled to the degree that you're saying then I can see why he has no fight in him. The guy is behaving exactly like a player who's never been challenged. There's no dog in him.

I honestly don't know what's worse, his mindset or his physical technique. His footwork and some of those pass drops were horrid. Looked like a 14 year old playing QB for the first time on the High School JV team. No hyperbole.

He needs some tough coaching to toughen him up and to break the multitude of bad habits that his developed. That's why I like Gruden's approach. He's not sugar coating things and coddling RG3. He's laying RG3's problems out there and let's face it, anyone who has watched football for more than a day can easily identify RG3's problems. We didn't need Gruden to point them out. As far as I'm concerned he's just stating the obvious. But I'll admit that it's an unorthodox approach to take.

Ultimately I think it's up to RG3. Does he pout and go into a shell? Or does he humble himself and allow himself to be coached.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah. Too bad he didn't learn the finer points of how to analyze and manage field resources during that time.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If he was coddled to the degree that you're saying then I can see why he has no fight in him. The guy is behaving exactly like a player who's never been challenged. There's no dog in him.

I honestly don't know what's worse, his mindset or his physical technique. His footwork and some of those pass drops were horrid. Looked like a 14 year old playing QB for the first time on the High School JV team. No hyperbole.

He needs some tough coaching to toughen him up and to break the multitude of bad habits that his developed. That's why I like Gruden's approach. He's not sugar coating things and coddling RG3. He's laying RG3's problems out there and let's face it, anyone who has watched football for more than a day can easily identify RG3's problems. We didn't need Gruden to point them out. As far as I'm concerned he's just stating the obvious. But I'll admit that it's an unorthodox approach to take.

Ultimately I think it's up to RG3. Does he pout and go into a shell? Or does he humble himself and allow himself to be coached.
He doesn't know how to to make adjustments or adapt to the adverse conditions. He didn't learn the Iimportant techniques and management aspects of the game. Thats the reason I am no sold on taking QBs who are instinct players and only sophomores. Professional football is a carefully choreographed system from top to bottom ad if you don t know the steps and reads you are lost.

Last edited:

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

What you're asking him to do is change his entire approach as a QB and become something he isn't. That's one of the fundamental flaws with zone read option QBs, and it's magnified when the player is infused with a sense of entitlement like RGIII is. He'll never change. Players like him simply sizzle out because they can't adjust their game to be competitive at the NFL level because they never learned the fundamentals to truly be competitive.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
RGIII's special privileges taken away
Sporting News
Rana Cash, Sporting News
3 hrs ago

Being an NFL quarterback quite naturally has its perks. Up until now, being Robert Griffin III has meant enjoying special benefits, too, for the Washington Redskins.

Not anymore.

The tension between RGIII and coach Jay Gruden is at a boiling point and Sunday, more evidence of that was brought to light.

According to NFL.com reporter Ian Rapoport, Griffin has lost certain privileges, such as his wife no longer being allowed at training camp practices — just as the wives of other players are not allowed.

And there's more:

The landscape has changed for RGIII. No more special rules for him, including his family essentially having all-access to the facility. — Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 23, 2014

Redskins' officials have supported Gruden's tough-guy stance on RGIII. That included plenty of critical comments of Griffin's performance.

"He's auditioned long enough. Clock's ticking. He's got to play," Gruden said. "We want Robert to excel, we really do. But the last two games, it hasn't been very good, anywhere. We got to play better around him. And the biggest thing for us as play-callers, and for him, we just have to come together and jell with plays he's comfortable with. That takes time. But we don't have a lot of time."

1bigfan13

Staff member
Personally I'd feel very uncomfortable around my teammates if I were getting special privileges like that. As a matter of fact I wouldn't accept them.

It would be too awkward to me to have my family receiving unfettered access to team facilities when no other teammate is afforded that same privilege. Especially when there are far more accomplished/respected players on the roster than RG3.

It just feels wrong to me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Personally I'd feel very uncomfortable around my teammates if I were getting special privileges like that. As a matter of fact I wouldn't accept them.

It would be too awkward to me to have my family receiving unfettered access to team facilities when no other teammate is afforded that same privilege. Especially when there are far more accomplished/respected players on the roster than RG3.

It just feels wrong to me.
It makes you kind of look at the situation and realize that maybe the Redskins organization helped to create the monster that RGIII is today. Always makes you wonder if he had developed under a different coach and a different environment if things would have turned out differently.

GShock

DCC 4Life
It makes you kind of look at the situation and realize that maybe the Redskins organization helped to create the monster that RGIII is today. Always makes you wonder if he had developed under a different coach and a different environment if things would have turned out differently.
That couldn't have been Shanahan. Had to be, as I am sure we are all too familiar, a GM and owner set on maximizing the hype of the guy for whom they mortgaged their future.

He could well be ruined.

:towel

Perhaps after our game in DC, Tony can go over to him and say "Hey Robert. I just wanted to say to you, don’t listen to what anybody else is saying about you. You’re a great quarterback, man. And this game doesn’t mean anything."

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You forgot "and if this is the worst thing that happens to you...."

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
D.C. dysfunction looks to be continuing

Posted by Mike Florio on November 25, 2014, 4:33 PM EST

Jay Gruden has said he has “every intention” to start Robert Griffin III at quarterback this weekend, for what would have been one of the best games of the year. In the year 2012.

It’s Washington and Indy. Griffin and Luck. The top two picks in the 2012 draft. Now, Griffin could be having a hard time keeping one of the top two spots on his team’s depth chart.

Diana Russini of NBC 4 in Washington reported earlier today that the quarterbacks will meet at the team’s facility on Tuesday “to find out who is starting.” And that hardly represents a clear indication Griffin remains entrenched as the starter.

In an organization seemingly bereft of strong leadership, the man who served for years as one of the true leaders in the locker room has addressed the situation in blunt, candid terms.

“It’s not an environment that’s really conducive to winning for a sustained period of time, from top to bottom,” former linebacker London Fletcher said Monday on 106.7 The Fan in D.C. “You have to have a plan in place and say, ‘You know what? This is what we’re gonna do, this is a winning formula,’ and then stick to the formula. From my seven years, prior to [when] I got there, even now — and I count myself as being a part of it because I didn’t help get it as good as I wanted it to be once I left — you have to have a plan, that, ‘You know what? This is going to be a winning plan, let’s stick to this plan, let’s stick to the script,’ so to speak, and do it the right way. And that hasn’t been done before I got there, while I was there, since I’ve left, and I don’t know if they know what they’re doing, in terms of saying, ‘Hey, this is what we’re gonna do to be a winning franchise for the next decade.’ I like Jay Gruden as a head coach. I think from a play-calling standpoint, I like some of the things he’s done. Maybe he can be that guy, but there needs to be some more changes that take place.”

It’s a strong indictment of the entire organization, from a guy who was in the middle of it for seven years. And Fletcher has the perspective that comes from being with winning teams; he won a Super Bowl with the Rams.

Whatever Washington is doing, it’s clear that, currently, the plan is there is no plan. The next five weeks could be more about figuring out who’ll be there to put a plan (or to not put a plan) in place in 2015 and less about laying the foundation for sustained success.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Colt McCoy to start vs Colts. Wow. RG3 is really done in DC.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Colt McCoy to start vs Colts. Wow. RG3 is really done in DC.
You can't blame them.

You have to be fair to the other players and coaches.

Hope McCoy is still in there week 17. I'd love to see the Cowboys knock his dick in the dirt. Him and his turncoat parents.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Will the RGknee 30 for 30 be out in time for my holiday shopping? I've already stocked up on my RGIII Subway gift cards that memorialize his career/are redeemable for extra cheese.

Carp

DCC 4Life
In relation to the long term future at the quarterback position, we are excited and very happy to bring Robert on board. I looked at his medicals and he is clear in relation to injuries. His aptitude for offense leads me to believe he could one day be an offensive coordinator.

- Jerry Jones

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
In relation to the long term future at the quarterback position, we are excited and very happy to bring Robert on board. I looked at his medicals and he is clear in relation to injuries. His aptitude for offense leads me to believe he could one day be an offensive coordinator.

- Jerry Jones
:fyou

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

- Jerry Jones

:towel

Bring him home, Jerry!

Top Bottom