LOL @ the Giants

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
If they get rid of Jones after the season and he's forced to settle for a backup job I'd love to bring him in on a 2 year deal.
I’d absolutely love him as a backup QB, just not a full time starter. And, given that the Giants are a dumpster fire, I’d expect them to cut him after this season if they stink it up again.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’d absolutely love him as a backup QB, just not a full time starter. And, given that the Giants are a dumpster fire, I’d expect them to cut him after this season if they stink it up again.
Yeah, I like an athletic backup QB. I forget sometimes he has damn good wheels for a white boy.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Heineken plays within himself and takes the easy throws/what's given to him. He can also make a few plays on the ground.

But his arm strength is almost non-existent and he basically is only reading one side of the field, locking in on the first guy that he sees come open. He's not really going to consistently push the ball downfield and the more games he plays the more I think coordinators will start scheming around that.

With what should be a good defense he's good enough to win 6-7 games, just like their shit bird QB's last year, but they'll never get up to around 10 wins with him.

We joke about lollypopping throws, but that's what this guy does. He could've easily had another 2 INT's tonight with how he just kind of eases the ball in on those intermediate 10-15 yard routes.
It feels like you're trying to convince yourself that he's worse than he actually is because of the team he plays for.

For a backup QB I think he's played really well in the 3 games I've seen him play in Washington. I'm not seeing these arm strength issues you're talking about. His passes seemed to have plenty of zip to me. He doesn't have a gun like Mahomes or Rodgers but he's certainly not in Brad Johnson territory either. I'd call it adequate.

The only issue I noticed with his passing last night was that he was a bit high on some of his throws.

I'm not trying to be a Heinicke apologist or anything. I just think he's better than a lot of people want to admit. Hell, if Dallas had a backup QB of this caliber we'd all be giddy as hell.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It feels like you're trying to convince yourself that he's worse than he actually is because of the team he plays for.

For a backup QB I think he's played really well in the 3 games I've seen him play in Washington. I'm not seeing these arm strength issues you're talking about. His passes seemed to have plenty of zip to me. He doesn't have a gun like Mahomes or Rodgers but he's certainly not in Brad Johnson territory either. I'd call it adequate.

The only issue I noticed with his passing last night was that he was a bit high on some of his throws.

I'm not trying to be a Heinicke apologist or anything. I just think he's better than a lot of people want to admit. Hell, if Dallas had a backup QB of this caliber we'd all be giddy as hell.
He's a very good backup, probably top 10 in the league, but a very good backup isn't winning you more than 6-7 games over a season.

The arm strength issue will start to show up as the season progresses.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He reminds me of Minshew actually, really nice backup, fun story for people with short attention spans, but it'll all come crashing down to Earth eventually.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He's a very good backup, probably top 10 in the league, but a very good backup isn't winning you more than 6-7 games over a season.

The arm strength issue will start to show up as the season progresses.
Yeah, it's Garrett-like. Floating/guiding passes will eventually catch up to him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He reminds me of Minshew actually, really nice backup, fun story for people with short attention spans, but it'll all come crashing down to Earth eventually.
I was going to say Nick Mullens is a good comp. Nothing wrong as a backup but not a starter either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You guys do realize you went off on a Redskins tangent in a thread intended to lol @ the Giants, right?

I almost had to perform a thread rebuild.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
You guys do realize you went off on a Redskins tangent in a thread intended to lol @ the Giants, right?

I almost had to perform a thread rebuild.
show some balls and predict a Dallas victory in your primer

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
amazing that a brand new player with no skins on the wall in NY showed Red that much disrespect

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom