LOL @ the Giants

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
From the article:

"Benjamin weighed 265 pounds at the end of minicamp in June and was told by Giants staff that he needed to get down to 251 pounds for training camp. Instead, he showed up weighing 268 "

Some guys, it's always someone else's fault.
“I have a perspective on Joe Judge,” Benjamin said. “He’s not a coach that can ever win a Super Bowl because he sits there and cusses all day. You can tell he’s one-sided about everything. He’s a know-it-all. That’s not how it’s supposed to work. We all can learn from each other. We’re all humans at the end of the day. The true colors will come out.”

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
“I have a perspective on Joe Judge,” Benjamin said. “He’s not a coach that can ever win a Super Bowl because he sits there and cusses all day. You can tell he’s one-sided about everything. He’s a know-it-all. That’s not how it’s supposed to work. We all can learn from each other. We’re all humans at the end of the day. The true colors will come out.”

I don't doubt that what he's saying there is true.

I'm just saying he's acting like he didn't do anything to deserve being cut. Judge just doesn't like him for no reason at all.

In reality, we're talking about a guy who basically ate himself out of the league, and who the Giants asked to get to a certain weight and instead he gained weight and then acted indignant when called out on it.

I think Judge is probably an ass and will likely fail there.

But Benjamin was out of the league for two years by his mid 20s, and it's easy to see why. He's acting pretty entitled here.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I've said it before but I think Golladay is overrated. If a team is counting on him to lift an offense they're going to be underwhelmed by what he brings.

That said, I suspect the QB is the big problem there. Garrett too, obviously.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I wonder if Garrett gave the O his All or Nothing, "I'm sensing some of you aren't on board. If you aren't on board with Jason Garrett, there's the fucking door!!!" speech.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Maybe if half of our offense is out for the season again they can contend for the division with 7 wins.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe if half of our offense is out for the season again they can contend for the division with 7 wins.
They have improved their overall talent, but I just don't see how that coach and that staff can maximize them.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They are going to be a dumpster fire this year. Mark my words.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They have improved their overall talent, but I just don't see how that coach and that staff can maximize them.
Marginally.

Golladay was their only "splash" signing while they lost arguably their best run defender in Tomlinson. Logan Ryan, Ojulari and Adoree Jackson could be impact players but I don't see enough to go from a 6-7 win team to 10 wins unless they get really lucky or someone comes out of nowhere and turns into a Pro Bowler.

Getting Barkley back doesn't really count.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Golladay was their only "splash" signing while they lost arguably their best run defender in Tomlinson. Logan Ryan, Ojulari and Adoree Jackson could be impact players but I don't see enough to go from a 6-7 win team to 10 wins unless they get really lucky or someone comes out of nowhere and turns into a Pro Bowler.
Golladay is really good, and was underrated until breaking out last year.

Getting Barkley back doesn't really count.
I'm not sure. His being back is a major difference from 2020.

I see their having gotten considerably better offensively but losing Tomlinson hurts a lot on defense.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Golladay is really good, and was underrated until breaking out last year.

I'm not sure. His being back is a major difference from 2020.

I see their having gotten considerably better offensively but losing Tomlinson hurts a lot on defense.
Upgrading from shitty to good skill players doesn't mean much when you have a below average QB and OL.

They turtle-balled their way to 7 wins and lost one of their best defensive players, I don't love their chances of doing any better than that this year.

Top Bottom