LOL @ The Eagles

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
staying healthy is something every player has to do. Anyone at any time can get injured so it’s not something that is exclusive to Hurt. Tha applies to every player. The fact that he runs doesn’t necessarily make him a higher risk. All players on the field are running and making contact. That issue is overused for Hurts.
Cool, let's wait and see then, eh?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lamar Jackson doesn’t have to be an elite passer to win games.
Nope, elite running ability can help an average passing QB succeed. Jalen Hurts doesn't have to be either. Never once suggested he can't win games. He obviously can. He just will never be an elite precision passer.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yes, that's exactly what is important for a QB.

If you aren't a good passer as a QB then you are being elevated by something other than being a QB.
His passing is underrated and overshadowed by his running, and frankly no one knows what his passing level truly is because he lacks a quality WR outside of his TE. I recall several very accurate throws in the playoffs several years back flat out dropped

I don’t think anyone would judge Dak by his 2017 season or the first part of 2018.

Frankly, I don’t know if Jackson will ever get quality WRs while he’s still young.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
His passing is underrated and overshadowed by his running, and frankly no one knows what his passing level truly is because he lacks a quality WR outside of his TE. I recall several very accurate throws in the playoffs several years back flat out dropped

I don’t think anyone would judge Dak by his 2017 season or the first part of 2018.

Frankly, I don’t know if Jackson will ever get quality WRs while he’s still young.
Frankly I don't know if Jackson knows how to throw well enough to make his WR's look quality. This season he has Flowers (First round pick), Bateman (First round pick) and Odell (First round pick) at WR (They also have Agholor who ironically is also a former first round pick). Oh and by the way he had Hollywood Brown (First round pick) who they traded away.

Sometimes you have to wonder if it's the WR's or the QB that is the problem. Or maybe it's the offense, which of course has always been tailored to what Jackson does best. It's sort of a chicken or the egg question. But the Ravens have certainly put resources into the position. Maybe they suck at picking players to use those resources on. Or maybe it's because Jackson isn't that good of a passer. From watching him, Jackson doesn't look like that good of a passer. His best throws are when guys are running wide open because the defense is terrified of his legs.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Frankly I don't know if Jackson knows how to throw well enough to make his WR's look quality. This season he has Flowers (First round pick), Bateman (First round pick) and Odell (First round pick) at WR (They also have Agholor who ironically is also a former first round pick). Oh and by the way he had Hollywood Brown (First round pick) who they traded away.

Sometimes you have to wonder if it's the WR's or the QB that is the problem. Or maybe it's the offense, which of course has always been tailored to what Jackson does best. It's sort of a chicken or the egg question. But the Ravens have certainly put resources into the position. Maybe they suck at picking players to use those resources on. Or maybe it's because Jackson isn't that good of a passer. From watching him, Jackson doesn't look like that good of a passer. His best throws are when guys are running wide open because the defense is terrified of his legs.

Essentially what I'm saying. You beat me to it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Jesus Christ man. That was the entire conversation to begin with.
View attachment 693428
And you apparently don’t want to wait and find out. Maybe they see something you didn’t. Let’s get back on track I have never painted him as an outstanding passer. I have always said he is good enough to play at the level he is in and can play well enough to win. You guys are setting the bar that he is a bust if he doesn’t become a master of the forward pass. I think he has made a pretty good showing of his abilities to play at the pro level to this point. as long as he continues at his current production and the wins continue he has been successful.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
And you apparently don’t want to wait and find out. Maybe they see something you didn’t. Let’s get back on track I have never painted him as an outstanding passer. I have always said he is good enough to play at the level he is in and can play well enough to win. You guys are setting the bar that he is a bust if he doesn’t become a master of the forward pass. I think he has made a pretty good showing of his abilities to play at the pro level to this point. as long as he continues at his current production and the wins continue he has been successful.
1 I never said any such thing
2 none of this conversation was originally about his ability to play and win. That was all you.
3 I’m out.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
1 I never said any such thing
2 none of this conversation was originally about his ability to play and win. That was all you.
3 I’m out.
Of course it was me that made the claim I thought he was good enough to play at the pro level. That goes back to the days he was still playing in college. That’s the only claim I made about him and he has kept showing he can win at the pro level while others have not accepted what he has done.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Of course it was me that made the claim I thought he was good enough to play at the pro level. That goes back to the days he was still playing in college. That’s the only claim I made about him and he has kept showing he can win at the pro level while others have not accepted what he has done.
It had nothing to do with the original conversation but you have this need to defend him any time anything negative is said about him. Go back to my list.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It had nothing to do with the original conversation but you have this need to defend him any time anything negative is said about him. Go back to my list.
Okay. Fair enough. And I never said he was a great passer so maybe that clarifys our positions on him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Best not pick on Mayfield either, you know who will take you out!
Or Demarco Murray. Do you know what all of these players have in common? :unsure

Top Bottom