Legalize all drugs yes or no

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Earlier this month, President Trump voiced support for pending bipartisan congressional legislation to let states implement their own marijuana legalization laws without federal interference. U.S. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is shepherding hemp legalization legislation to passage, with the support of Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY).

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Allowing states to make their own choice is the right thing to do.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The Texas Republican Party endorsed the idea of decriminalizeing weed recently.
Yep. I'm perfectly fine with this. Tax it more than alcohol and let them do whatever

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yep. I'm perfectly fine with this. Tax it more than alcohol and let them do whatever
I've said this long before pot was even legal anywhere. Just makes too much sense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I've said this long before pot was even legal anywhere. Just makes too much sense.
It's silly that we are losing all of that revenue.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As is the case 99% of the time.
I think the community standard that was established a few years back by the Supreme Court regarding morality issues has some gotten lost in the recent rulings on some matters. During the Obama administration there was a sense that federal matters were being legislated or ordered via Executive authority and the standard was for all communities or stated another way the local standard was put on the back burner.

One example of community standard has in fact been the marijuana laws but now you notice the movement now is to make it uniform across the country or federalize it. So what about the community standard versus the Federal standard?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's silly that we are losing all of that revenue.
I have found that the revenues from “sin” programs really don’t get any permenant statuses for allocations. Sin taxes are generally are made up of Alcohol, tocacco, gambling, etc.

The states may initially earmark the revenues but in in a short time they dump it into general revenue income and use it wherever they deem necessary. Most of the time the campaign rhetoric to get a measure passed will be to earmark schools or other similar budget programs.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I have found that the revenues from “sin” programs really don’t get any permenant statuses for allocations. Sin taxes are generally are made up of Alcohol, tocacco, gambling, etc.

The states may initially earmark the revenues but in in a short time they dump it into general revenue income and use it wherever they deem necessary. Most of the time the campaign rhetoric to get a measure passed will be to earmark schools or other similar budget programs.
Ok. Its still gets used and more than they had previous.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
^ Trump needs to push for this and guarantee himself re-election. Maybe after midterms.

Cotton

Staff member
^ Trump needs to push for this and guarantee himself re-election. Maybe after midterms.
It would cement his re-election, to be sure.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It would cement his re-election, to be sure.
It would piss off a lot of his loyalists. Namely the evangelicals. He put Pence and others like him in place for that very reason. He doesn't have the guts nor the smarts.

Cotton

Staff member
It would piss off a lot of his loyalists. Namely the evangelicals. He put Pence and others like him in place for that very reason. He doesn't have the guts nor the smarts.
The evangelical numbers are dwarfed by those that would love it. And, not just by those that smoke pot. There are a shit ton of people that don't smoke pot, that still want it legal to reduce prison/jail congestion and make our police department much more efficient, myself included.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Orrrrrrrrr. . .maybe the evangelicals would do with it what they do with everything else Trump does that isn’t all that Christian of him. Maybe they’d say it isn’t so bad.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Orrrrrrrrr. . .maybe the evangelicals would do with it what they do with everything else Trump does that isn’t all that Christian of him. Maybe they’d say it isn’t so bad.
I think booze is over estimating what the religious contingent will and won't accept. Recreational marijuana is on the ballot in North Dakota this fall, and there are church leaders up here that are advocating it's legalization.

Cotton

Staff member
I think booze is over estimating what the religious contingent will and won't accept. Recreational marijuana is on the ballot in North Dakota this fall, and there are church leaders up here that are advocating it's legalization.
:towel

Top Bottom