La'el Collins Suspended

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
doesn't he realize that a missed test is the same as testing positive?

Also according to the article, this suspension appears to be at least somewhat arbitrary.

"There does not appear to be any language in the new substance-abuse policy that stipulates seven failures to appea(r) equates specifically to "failure to cooperate," which the agreement includes as grounds for suspension."

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Is every player in the NFL getting tested 10 times a month?

Sonofabitch, that's ridiculous.

I bet Randy Gregory doesn't get tested that often.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The NFL has issued as many as six random drug tests to players, with each player receiving at least one drug test per season.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The NFL has issued as many as six random drug tests to players, with each player receiving at least one drug test per season.
Is Collins a repeat offender? I don't recall him being suspended for dope before and can't imagine any reason why someone needs to be drug tested every 3 days.

ZeroClub

UFA
The NFL is far from perfect and has a screwy way of governing its players. I'm not defending the NFL in any way here, but ... geeze ... if you work in that kind of environment and you know that fines and suspensions can be issued almost unpredictably ... and you know that you already screwed up enough to enter the league's substance abuse program vortex, don't you exercise significant caution to protect your pay check? If you have any question about expectations, don't you get your questions answered? If you must deviate from what they tell you to do, don't you do everything in your power to address the situation as proactively as possible?

The NFL sucks in many ways, but it seems likely that at least some of this is on Collins. Maybe he's a knucklehead, maybe he has actual diagnosable substance abuse issues (which in my opinion should be treated, not punished), or both.

The whole situation is frustrating.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I see alot of 12 formation coming up .

Top Bottom