Kenny Rogers dead at 81

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
RIP to a legend. Never was a huge fan, but even non-fans have to recognize him as having a huge impact on country music.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
RIP to a legend. Never was a huge fan, but even non-fans have to recognize him as having a huge impact on country music.
This man was a terrific singer. Just try singing some of his songs and you will understand how good he was. I saw him last a little over a year ago at a private concert in one of my friends back yard and he looked pretty bad then. I told my wife he really looked like he was about to go. He has some small children and he stopped long enough from his world tour to make performance for my friend . He was in trying to make enough money for his young family. He and I are the same age. Sorry to see him go.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This man was a terrific singer. Just try singing some of his songs and you will understand how good he was. I saw him last a little over a year ago at a private concert in one of my friends back yard and he looked pretty bad then. I told my wife he really looked like he was about to go. He has some small children and he stopped long enough from his world tour to make performance for my friend . He was in trying to make enough money for his young family. He and I are the same age. Sorry to see him go.
I would be thought he'd have all the money he and his family could ever need at this point.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I would be thought he'd have all the money he and his family could ever need at this point.
Yeah one would like to think that anyone who had been successful for that many years would have a pretty good nest egg. To my knowledge he was on his tour on his own nickel. He hasn’t had any new releases which is a sign that he doesn’t have the backing of a recording company. When a performer has to pick up the tab for all the expenses to tour the revenue margins are considerably less because there are no new releases to promote means there is no recording contract. A lot of performers take a different avenue once they run out of a contract they hunker down at a permanent location such as a Vegas gig or a Branson theater. It is a lot less expense because it cuts down a lot on travel expense.

I don’t really know Rogers actual situation I just understand some of the circumstances of the performers and how their performance gigs are wired together. Taking on a world tour is really costly and it’s all on the performing artist to pick up the tab.

Another sign of potential desperation is the health of the individual. In Rogers case he was very beaten down with health issues because he performed sitting down and had to come and go from the stage on a little scooter because he couldn’t walk. It was tough to see him in this position after a long and successful career.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Perfect example of a guy with a great voice, probably one of the best male country vocal talents, but shitty songs. His songs were always too corny for my liking.

RIP

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I liked his duet with Sheena Easton. Unusual pairing.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Perfect example of a guy with a great voice, probably one of the best male country vocal talents, but shitty songs. His songs were always too corny for my liking.

RIP
You are probably referring to the mainstream Country songs. Try looking up the renditions done with duets such as Dottie West, Dottie Parton. Shenna Easton, etc and solos such as Lady and others.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Lady is probably the only song I ever heard from him that wouldn’t make me turn the radio to a commercial.

Top Bottom