Kellen Moore: Installing the Offense

p1_

DCC 4Life

Notice he doesnt mention Linehan's name as an influence.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
We're going to get embarrased our first game aren't we

deadrise

DCC 4Life
It's not like any of that, running the same plays from different looks, has been a big secret. Any number of teams do it. I've heard color announcers refer to it all the time during games. Just a few days ago they were reporting on pre-snap motion like it was some kind of wondrous revelation.

The Cowboys' coaching staff has been stuck in a time warp.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We're going to get embarrased our first game aren't we
I don't think so. I think the offense is already looking light years ahead of where it did last year. Of course it helps that Dak is basically familiar with all of his weapons except Cobb. And it sounds like he already has a great connection with Cobb. I expect the offense to be much better to start this season than last. And I can't really fathom how our defense can't be better. Quinn is an upgrade, we have better D-line depth and all the DBs return. We also have 2 young LBers who should be better a year later.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not like any of that, running the same plays from different looks, has been a big secret. Any number of teams do it. I've heard color announcers refer to it all the time during games. Just a few days ago they were reporting on pre-snap motion like it was some kind of wondrous revelation.

The Cowboys' coaching staff has been stuck in a time warp.
It seems like there is a big changing of the guard at OC in the NFL. There are old school coordinators and then there are the new school guys. Some of the old school guys have adapted their schemes but most haven't been able to. It's why you see such an influx of young new OC's from either college or who have worked under guys like McVay to learn. I think Moore will at least bring us back to the modern age of football.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't think so. I think the offense is already looking light years ahead of where it did last year. Of course it helps that Dak is basically familiar with all of his weapons except Cobb. And it sounds like he already has a great connection with Cobb. I expect the offense to be much better to start this season than last. And I can't really fathom how our defense can't be better. Quinn is an upgrade, we have better D-line depth and all the DBs return. We also have 2 young LBers who should be better a year later.
We should win as I agree we out talent them all over, I'm just afraid we get too cute the first game out

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We should win as I agree we out talent them all over, I'm just afraid we get too cute the first game out
I'm not too worried. I see no potential to get our ass kicked. But it could be closer then necessary based on what you're saying.

Top Bottom