Kellen Moore and the offense

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
This is critical and id love to hear opinions.

Will KM go in a new direction, and how much rope will MM give him? Lets face it, we know from day 1 KM was more creative than SL, this isnt a put down thread but KM was dialed more into our players and their strengths. do you feel KM will completely overhaul the offense and be more player friendly, or keep to the old ways because SL had good knowledge that the average fan doesnt see?

What would you like to see KM do?

Personally id like a overhaul of the offense and have a new policy of listening to the players and letting plays work if a player knows he can beat a defender. Id like to see him listen to the players, see whos having a good day and stick to what works. Dak is going to have to play to his strength, hes no Romo in the fact he can change his style. I personally think SL was trying to hard to make Dak something into that hes not, let him run a bit, let him throw on the run, let him be dak and build around that.

If Tony Pollard is having a great day, dont force EE on the defense, sometimes defense just dial in on a player. I felt we had missed opportunities because we wouldnt exploit the other team OR play to what was working on said day.

Tell me your thoughts.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dallas racked up crazy stats vs. Washington, New York, Miami, Detroit, and in comebacks vs. deficits too large to climb out of vs Buffalo, GB, and Chicago. You really have to ignore these stats when it comes to evaluating Moore.

The offense needs to lose its playing-from-ahead ball control style and transform to a team that explodes on you no matter who you are and from any point on the field. That means Moore has to reset and learn all over again from McCarthy, even if it means a slow start to the season.

Enough with the big-Zeke games-- that shit has to die. There is too much talent for us to play keep-away. Instead, you keep defenses guessing and off-balance so it's your offense the other team is terrified to give back the football in the 4th quarter.

For that to happen and translate to wins, the defense has to get its shit together. Balanced offenses and/or strong running teams killed the Cowboys last year, much like they have since the 00's really. We can't afford to keep playing defense with our offense. That's bullshit.

Our offense deserves to be able to get the ball back on turnovers or shorter fields because the defense actually held. They should never feel pressure to burn the damned clock and protect the lead until the closing four minutes or so.

McCoy and Poe give me the most hope that things can change, because basically everything top-to-bottom has to.

When we can actually play defense and special teams, the offense can finally cut loose for real, and then we'll see what Moore is actually made of.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Dallas racked up crazy stats vs. Washington, New York, Miami, Detroit, and in comebacks vs. deficits too large to climb out of vs Buffalo, GB, and Chicago. You really have to ignore these stats when it comes to evaluating Moore.

The offense needs to lose its playing-from-ahead ball control style and transform to a team that explodes on you no matter who you are and from any point on the field. That means Moore has to reset and learn all over again from McCarthy, even if it means a slow start to the season.

Enough with the big-Zeke games-- that shit has to die. There is too much talent for us to play keep-away. Instead, you keep defenses guessing and off-balance so it's your offense the other team is terrified to give back the football in the 4th quarter.

For that to happen and translate to wins, the defense has to get its shit together. Balanced offenses and/or strong running teams killed the Cowboys last year, much like they have since the 00's really. We can't afford to keep playing defense with our offense. That's bullshit.

Our offense deserves to be able to get the ball back on turnovers or shorter fields because the defense actually held. They should never feel pressure to burn the damned clock and protect the lead until the closing four minutes or so.

McCoy and Poe give me the most hope that things can change, because basically everything top-to-bottom has to.

When we can actually play defense and special teams, the offense can finally cut loose for real, and then we'll see what Moore is actually made of.

all good points. you brought into other aspects i was hoping to see

Top Bottom