Jonathan Taylor

Alonzo

Whoa An Active DCCer
He left high school with over 4000 rushing yard, over 10 yards a carry and scored 44 TD's.

Left Wisconsin with over 6000 rushing yards, over 6 yards a carry and 50 td's,

As an NFL rookie he had 1169, 5 yard avg and 11 td's

As we can see here is a bonafide stud, and we get him tonight vs the Ravens. He should be a Chief, why they took the little guy Helaire who is hurt again is a...??? Not that you spend a first round pick on any RB.

He is in that Herschel Walker/Bo Jackson mold, that 225 pounder with 4.3 jets.

Do expect a few...wow!...runs tonight.

Last edited:

Alonzo

Whoa An Active DCCer
Around 170 combined yards 2 TD's, guy is a stud.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Bo and Herschel were consistently in the 4.2 range, but I get you. He was fun to watch tonight

Alonzo

Whoa An Active DCCer
Bo and Herschel were consistently in the 4.2 range, but I get you
My first sport is track, football my second.

Walker was a 10.23 sprinter, which is on the brink of world class.

Bo Jackson toyed with track, so....10.39

There is nothing anywhere that proves either of them ever ran a 4,2 40.

bleedsblue42021117

DCC 4Life
He left high school with over 4000 rushing yard, over 10 yards a carry and scored 44 TD's.

Left Wisconsin with over 6000 rushing yards, over 6 yards a carry and 50 td's,

As an NFL rookie he had 1169, 5 yard avg and 11 td's

As we can see here is a bonafide stud, and we get him tonight vs the Ravens. He should be a Chief, why they took the little guy Helaire who is hurt again is a...??? Not that you spend a first round pick on any RB.

He is in that Herschel Walker/Bo Jackson mold, that 225 pounder with 4.3 jets.

Do expect a few...wow!...runs tonight.

you mean in the Zeke territory :sneaky: .. lets keep it home..this was Zeke coming out of all phases of his football career..zeke may not have got 4k in total rushing yards but had over 2000 receiving yards was fast ran hurdles in track.. IMO better prospect for the pros then JT

thats a crazy great career though you are correct...still went and checked that out ron dayne who had terrible pro career still tops in college football..

looking at Henrys career through coming up hes the only player to have 2k at every level..

Last edited:

Alonzo

Whoa An Active DCCer
you mean in the Zeke territory :sneaky: .. lets keep it home..this was Zeke coming out of all phases of his football career..

thats crazy great career though you are correct

looking at Henrys career through coming up hes the only player to have 2k at every level..
Zeke, Tony, Emmitt, Calvin Hill, Don Perkins all great RB's, we have been blessed.

Alonzo

Whoa An Active DCCer
...tell us more about Bob Hayes
Bullet Bob Hayes has always been the fastest player in pro football history, his 10.06 ran on a dirt track over 50 years ago the superior time.

Hayes was a college RB at Florida A&M, who just happened to be the fastest human the world had ever seen.

He was the first sub 6.0 60 with his WR 5.9
Held the 9.3, 9.2. 9.1 100 WR and the 20.5 200m WR, all before he was 23

As we know we converted this 190 pound RB into a Hall of Fame to be WR.

Funny thing in his story is he wasn't planning on running track at FAMU, the track coach Jake Gaiters had to bug him and bug him until he finally gave in.

In that race was Harry Jerome (Oregon) he anchored that World Record 4x1 team that future Cowboys Mel Renfro and Mike Gaechter ran on.(leading off Jerry Tarr worlds top hurdler future Denver Bronco)

data

Forbes #1
Bullet Bob Hayes has always been the fastest player in pro football history, his 10.06 ran on a dirt track over 50 years ago the superior time.

Hayes was a college RB at Florida A&M, who just happened to be the fastest human the world had ever seen.

He was the first sub 6.0 60 with his WR 5.9
Held the 9.3, 9.2. 9.1 100 WR and the 20.5 200m WR, all before he was 23

As we know we converted this 190 pound RB into a Hall of Fame to be WR.

Funny thing in his story is he wasn't planning on running track at FAMU, the track coach Jake Gaiters had to bug him and bug him until he finally gave in.

In that race was Harry Jerome (Oregon) he anchored that World Record 4x1 team that future Cowboys Mel Renfro and Mike Gaechter ran on.(leading off Jerry Tarr worlds top hurdler future Denver Bronco)
Goddamn shame his HOF induction came after his death

Alonzo

Whoa An Active DCCer
trivia question

There were two fellow NFLers in his era who had beaten Hayes in their college track days, who?

And, Gale Sayers older bro Roger once beat him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
My first sport is track, football my second.

Walker was a 10.23 sprinter, which is on the brink of world class.

Bo Jackson toyed with track, so....10.39

There is nothing anywhere that proves either of them ever ran a 4,2 40.
Walker and Jackson had identical 6.18 60's running track in college.

I remember Darrell Green, who was the fastest NFL player I've ever seen, running 6.10 at the NBC NFL Fastest man competition beating Herschel's 6.24 and Rod Woodson's 6.25 in 1988, and Green pulled away from Walker head to head in the final 20 as they were nearly even through 40. Also recall Herschel and Willie Gault basically tied and each beat Eric Dickerson at the Superstars competition in the mid 80's.

I had the USA today back in 1986 showing a 4.12 40 combine time for Bo. The Cowboys timed both Walker and Dorsett in the mid 80's, and Walker hit 4.24 and Tony hit 4.3.

Of course, there is no gun for NFL times so it's based on the runner's start of motion.

Walker also claims to have run a 4.3 as late as 2014.

Bottom line, both Bo and Herschel were insanely fast for being that size.

Alonzo

Whoa An Active DCCer
Duane Thomas
He was Mercury Morris blocking back at West Texas State (gave the pro rasslin' world a dozen rasslers)

Why we let him go after just two seasons, hmmm? He was averaging around 4.5ish which is great.

He was a bit weird.

Alonzo

Whoa An Active DCCer
Walker and Jackson had identical 6.18 60's running track in college.

I remember Darrell Green, who was the fastest NFL player I've ever seen, running 6.10 at the NBC NFL Fastest man competition beating Herschel's 6.24 and Rod Woodson's 6.25 in 1988, and Green pulled away from Walker head to head in the final 20 as they were nearly even through 40. Also recall Herschel and Willie Gault basically tied and each beat Eric Dickerson at the Superstars competition in the mid 80's.

I had the USA today back in 1986 showing a 4.12 40 combine time for Bo. The Cowboys timed both Walker and Dorsett in the mid 80's, and Walker hit 4.24 and Tony hit 4.3.

Of course, there is no gun for NFL times so it's based on the runner's start of motion.

Walker also claims to have run a 4.3 as late as 2014.

Bottom line, both Bo and Herschel were insanely fast for being that size.
Bo's 4.1 was never ran at the NFL combine, that was suppose to be ran at Auburn, which makes it...???

I have never seen anything official showing Walker/Jackson with a 4.2 40.

Walker took 7th in the NCAA 100m while at Georgia, which is good especially for a guy his size. Bo did nothing outdoors for Auburn.

Darrel Green ran a 10.08 but was more of a 10.2 guy, which is what he ran taking 7th at the NCAA;s, losing to fellow NFLes to be Willie Gault and Mike Miller. His thing was the shorter distances like a 60.

You sure Dickerson was in the Superstars?

Yes both Walker and Jackson very fast for guys that size, can add Marcus Dupree remember him?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dickerson was in the 1987 Superstars I think as he won the weight lifting competition (standing overhead press) beating Walker and I think Mark Gastineau among others.

Walker was hilarious to watch with weights as he'd never done it before, still he did 310 even with absolutely crappy form.

Walker won that year overall and the next year too.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yes both Walker and Jackson very fast for guys that size, can add Marcus Dupree remember him?
Any track times for Dupree? I'm just barely too young (I guess) to remember him, but in his highlights he looks just as impressive as those two... which is really saying something.

I remember as a kid going to the Dallas TImes Herald track meet at Reunion and they had a Pro Football Challenge thing with Herschel and other pros like Doug Donley and Phillip Epps IIRC. Herschel won fairly easily. I remember thinking the football players were faster than the track guys and the track guys were bigger than the football players. :)

Alonzo

Whoa An Active DCCer
Dickerson was in the 1987 Superstars I think as he won the weight lifting competition (standing overhead press) beating Walker and I think Mark Gastineau among others.

Walker was hilarious to watch with weights as he'd never done it before, still he did 310 even with absolutely crappy form.

Walker won that year overall and the next year too.
Wasn't the Superstars just retired athletes, Dickerson was still active in 87, so....hmmmm?

Hard to believe as a kid Walker was chubby and got pushed around, ha!!!!

Alonzo

Whoa An Active DCCer
Any track times for Dupree? I'm just barely too young (I guess) to remember him, but in his highlights he looks just as impressive as those two... which is really saying something.

I remember as a kid going to the Dallas TImes Herald track meet at Reunion and they had a Pro Football Challenge thing with Herschel and other pros like Doug Donley and Phillip Epps IIRC. Herschel won fairly easily. I remember thinking the football players were faster than the track guys and the track guys were bigger than the football players. :)
Dupree came in second in the 100 yards in 9.5 at the Mississippi state HS meet, the guy who beat him was Calvin Smith who would go on to run a world record 100m at Alabama.

Phillip Epps was a stud sprinter at TCU surprised Walker beat him. Epps also a Packer WR.

Football players are never faster than track guys, ah...many times the athlete is both.

Top Bottom