Jets Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Darnold is a below average starting QB at this point in his career. This shouldn’t change things too much. Our defense really needs to get their shit together and this is just the team they should beat up on. Bell is not the type of RB out LBers should struggle with. We shall see...
The difference between Darnold and Luke Falk is pretty significant. One guy looks like he can play one day. The other guy is like Mike White was.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The difference between Darnold and Luke Falk is pretty significant. One guy looks like he can play one day. The other guy is like Mike White was.
Yeah it is a very big difference. Luke Falk isn't even backup NFL QB level. He doesn't even belong on an NFL roster level. While Darnold might not be great he is worlds better.

We absolutely should win and there is no excuse to lose to Darnold or Falk. But if we don't come to play Darnold will beat us. We probably could have sleepwalked and still beat Falk.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Yeah it is a very big difference. Luke Falk isn't even backup NFL QB level. He doesn't even belong on an NFL roster level. While Darnold might not be great he is worlds better.

We absolutely should win and there is no excuse to lose to Darnold or Falk. But if we don't come to play Darnold will beat us. We probably could have sleepwalked and still beat Falk.
He’s no Teddy Bridgewater. :unsure

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Saints are using Bridgewater in the same fashion that Dak was utilized his rookie year. It was a limited scheme where every play was scripted and structured for short gains but long enough the keep possession and go down the field with the run game sprinkled in to keep defenses honest. It was very effective for Dak because he didn’t have to deal with all the reads. Bridgewater is keeping the Saints going with a very similar approach and it was good enough to hand a win over the Cowboys. The Cowboys defense wasn’t structured for this scheme and played off to far. It was perfect for the Saints to take small bites and move the ball from first down to first down all the way downfield.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Luke Falk really isn't. He can't even do what Bridgewater does. It's going to be sad when some NFL team signs Bridgewater to be their starting QB and he dinks and dunks his way on a shitty team to a shitty record though.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Who here thinks Bell goes off for 100+ against us?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I actually think we will do well against Bell. It's the speedy backs that concern me.
I could see him getting close to 100 counting receiving, especially if we get up by 14+ and go to prevent

p1_

DCC 4Life
WE bottle up Alvin Kamara but Aaron MFing Jones gashes us for 100+

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

I didn't even know Pollard was hurt.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I didn't even know Pollard was hurt.
He got hurt on one of the Kick returns. Pretty good limp coming off the field.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Smith will definitely play and I'd be surprised if Collins wasn't in as well. He came back to the sideline under his own power after going in the locker room with his pads and helmet on and seemed to be warming up to test his knee to see if he could go back in. The fact that he was even allowed to do that tells me he likely plays a full week later.

Cotton

Staff member

data

Forbes #1
I was very interested in playing Luke Falk just to see how low we could go in the "play down to our competition" level. It definitely would be lower than our Matt Flynn loss. Maybe even lower than our 1987 scabs loss.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom