Jaylon Smith Released!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
LVE just about broke down crying when they asked him about Jaylon.

They might need to talk him down off the ledge.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Man, dude needs to handle his shit.
LVE can still be a commodity on this defense.

I just think Micah might need to slap him around a little bit.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Or let him jump.
I'm confident we'll never see 2018 Jaylon again, but 2018 LVE is still in there somewhere.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
We've seen this same play from another perspective I think, and you have to wonder what the coaches did in weekly team film review.

Did they walk on eggshells and not share these f*cked up plays with the team? Did they gloss them over with a pat "make better decisions, team" statement or worse, say nothing? The correct action should have been to lay into and demote Smith if it continued, I don't care who the backup was.

The fact that teammates are "shocked" Smith was released tells me they routinely hid all Jaylon f*ck ups in reviews, because after seeing these week after week his release should be a surprise to no one in the org.

I think they're just showing him a little grace. No matter how bad he was playing, the last thing you want to do is dance on your teammates grave.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The fact that teammates are "shocked" Smith was released tells me they routinely hid all Jaylon f*ck ups in reviews, because after seeing these week after week his release should be a surprise to no one in the org.
I bet most of them were shocked like we were -- that it actually happened, not that it wasn't deserved.

bleedsblue42021117

DCC 4Life
ban your woman and children from here and let them go to CZ, they have filters on for pg posting. You get benched and deleted for abusing the rules..:happydance:wtf

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
ban your woman and children from here and let them go to CZ, they have filters on for pg posting. You get benched and deleted for abusing the rules..:happydance:wtf
My woman and kids are already banned from here.

Was my first act as moderator.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We've seen this same play from another perspective I think, and you have to wonder what the coaches did in weekly team film review.

Did they walk on eggshells and not share these f*cked up plays with the team? Did they gloss them over with a pat "make better decisions, team" statement or worse, say nothing? The correct action should have been to lay into and demote Smith if it continued, I don't care who the backup was.

I doubt they hid them. I'm sure the LBers coach did film review with all the LBers and saw it. LVE wasn't saying the guy didn't fuck up, it's his friend and he just wants people to be nice to his friend.

Unfortunately friendships are great but football is about winning. I'm sure Jaylon had friends on the team, seems like a friendly guy. But ultimately he was hurting the team on the field and everyone seemed to recognize that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think they're just showing him a little grace. No matter how bad he was playing, the last thing you want to do is dance on your teammates grave.
💯 this. The players watch the film every week. But you're not going to dance on the grave of the dude who was super nice to you every week even if he sucks as a player.

p1_

DCC 4Life
you're not going to dance on the grave of the dude who was super nice to you every week even if he sucks as a player.
Smith was feeling the pressure, but Im convinced he fronted to them that he was fine and on his game. I mean, the one video explains how in training camp that Smith was struggling to merely execute the blocking sled drill and was easily the worst of the group. Imagine the awkwardness.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Oh, so he requested the release and still got to keep $7.2mill and he planned on going to GB the whole time?

Top Bottom