Jason Garrett, Scott Linehan Haven't Helped Dak Prescott Enough: JJT

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yea good breakdown but Dak isn't Romo who is going to save the coaches from themselves.
I think one of his biggest problems is he's too risk averse.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. The passing windows in the NFL are much smaller than in CFB and it appears that Dak is still operating as if he's at Miss State. Even on some of the completions that he had last week the throws were a tad late. Instead of getting the ball out of his hands with anticipation, trusting that his receivers would be in the right spot, he wouldn't throw the ball until the receiver was clearly open. Which throws off the timing of plays and restricts the receivers' ability to gain additional yardage after the catch.

Also, the guy in the video alluded to Dak being too risk avers as well when he pointed out how it seems that Dak is reluctant to change the play at the LOS. It's like he doesn't trust himself to make the right decision.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think one of his biggest problems is he's too risk averse.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. The passing windows in the NFL are much smaller than in CFB and it appears that Dak is still operating as if he's at Miss State. Even on some of the completions that he had last week the throws were a tad late. Instead of getting the ball out of his hands with anticipation, trusting that his receivers would be in the right spot, he wouldn't throw the ball until the receiver was clearly open. Which throws off the timing of plays and restricts the receivers' ability to gain additional yardage after the catch.

Also, the guy in the video alluded to Dak being too risk avers as well when he pointed out how it seems that Dak is reluctant to change the play at the LOS. It's like he doesn't trust himself to make the right decision.
I've noticed the same and I think that's the main reason he and Dez didn't work well together. I thought having Hurns and Gallup who run cleaner routes would help and still think he has a better chance with that style. Hopefully a lot of the the first game was rust but if he looks the same tomorrow it's gonna be a long season

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yea good breakdown but Dak isn't Romo who is going to save the coaches from themselves.
I don't give a shit about the coaches honestly.

I am more concerned about Prescott.

Jones still has a hard on for him. He could continue to suck and he gets excuses and they continue to save money for him thinking he will break the bank.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Jones still has a hard on for him. He could continue to suck and he gets excuses and they continue to save money for him thinking he will break the bank.
It's still early to worry about that, it's Jerry being Jerry...for now.

p1_

DCC 4Life

I agree, we're now seeing why he fell as far as he did in the draft. This could be a long season for him.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:lol

It appears we have dueling YouTubers.

I put my money on the first guy.
Uggg...I don't even want to click on this one with him not realizing Garrett and all of them are getting fired

:unsure

p1_

DCC 4Life
They both lay it out pretty clearly though. It absolves Linehan somewhat, and places most blame squarely on Dak.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
They both lay it out pretty clearly though. It absolves Linehan somewhat, and places most blame squarely on Dak.
Haven't watched the 2nd one but 1st was pretty damning of Linehan/Garrett, the only excuse for him was basically Dak isn't Romo to save them from their shitty playcall

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

The Garoppolo deal all but cemented this. We are so fucked

Top Bottom