Interesting race topics . . .

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Whitlock has been right on the money lately. This is NFL relevant but I'm putting this here to avoid the NFL thread from getting overly political.

Great article below, that I completely agree with.

JASON WHITLOCK

Inside the Matrix created by Silicon Valley-controlled social-media apps, systemic racism rules the National Football League, same as it does the United States of America.

In the real world created by our Declaration of Independence and U.S. Constitution, systemic evolution rules the NFL and the USA.

Football is my favorite sport. The game explains America. Difficult. Masculine. Violent. Cruel. Inclusive. Rewarding. Risky. Fair. Evolving.

Carl Peterson, the former longtime general manager of the Kansas City Chiefs, was fond of saying that the only constant in football was change. Football requires and rewards evolution. So does America.

Forty-two years ago, the NFL ignored Washington quarterback Warren Moon on draft day, banishing him to start what would become a Hall of Fame career in Canada.

At its inception, football operated on a core belief that black men lacked the intellectual heft and leadership qualities necessary to play quarterback. At its inception, our country defined black people as three-fifths of a human being.

The systemic evolution that is endemic to our culture explains Barack Obama’s rise to the presidency and the $503 million contract Patrick Mahomes signed Monday to play quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs.

America changed. Our system requires, rewards, supports and makes change possible. This truth is self-evident except on social media. And the American media’s unhealthy reliance on social media explains why a large segment of the public has been brainwashed into believing Colin Kaepernick’s narrative defines the NFL more than Patrick Mahomes’ narrative.

Social media wants you to believe America and all of its institutions are irrevocably ruled by systemic racism. It’s not true.

The NFL, the most powerful force in American popular culture, the top TV show on five different networks, is proof of America’s bend toward equality and proof of the level of willful ignorance and intentional deceit used to smear America.

Mahomes, like Kaepernick, is mixed race. He’s now the richest player in NFL history. He surpassed Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson, who is black. The next quarterbacks most likely to benefit from the contract Mahomes just signed are Lamar Jackson, Deshaun Watson and Dak Prescott. They’re all black.

But the NFL is systemically racist?

Stop it. Rather than vilifying the game of football because Kaepernick flamed out and wrapped himself in racial martyrdom to excuse his failure, we should be celebrating football for its evolution.

Why do we (black people) think our failures define America more than our triumphs?

There’s never been a better time to be black in America than right now. Social media has made us believe it’s 1852 all over again, that there’s been no change. We think George Floyd’s interaction with Derek Chauvin exemplifies America more than Barack Obama’s interaction with Joe Biden, than Mahomes’ interaction with tight end Travis Kelce.

America’s not perfect. No place is. But outlook determines outcomes because outlook determines strategies and priorities.

If your worldview is that you’re the wrong color to achieve success, you will not achieve success because you will choose a strategy devoid of hope and set the wrong priorities.

We’re obsessed with skin color. Color is the wrong priority. Choosing a set of proper values that steer your worldview is the key to success. In my columns, I repeatedly keep mentioning what defines my worldview — Christianity, my religious faith. In the column I wrote about NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace, I argued that racism (an obsession with race) is America’s new religion.

We’re wrongly establishing our values based on skin color. These skin-color values are assigned by the politicians and corporations that control celebrity influencers. These values are not unifying. They’re divisive, destructive, grounded in immorality and marketed through social media as a pursuit of justice. They’re a pursuit of financial and political power. That’s it.

The term “systemic racism” is derived from former Black Panther Stokely Carmichael’s 1967 book Black Power: The Politics of Liberation. In the book, Carmichael coined the phrase “institutional racism.”

The phrase is a polite dog whistle used by dignified activists in the media to justify violent protests/revolution. Their not-so-subtle insinuation is that you cannot salvage a system that is racist at its core. The New York Times, America’s alleged newspaper of record, published The 1619 Project, which argues that slavery defines the American system.

The road to justice is not paved with distortions and blatant lies. Political power is. Evolution is this nation’s defining characteristic. Patrick Mahomes took advantage of it. Colin Kaepernick is exploiting it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Whitlock has always been on it. Speak for Yourself was the only talking head program I ever regularly scheduled on the DVR. Shame he left right when all this was breaking.

The beauty is, he's said he's not a political person at all and doesn't even vote. He's come to his conclusions with common sense and reason, not partisanship.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
holy shit. reddit will no longer allow “any content that shows POC [persons of color] as the aggressor.”

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
holy shit. reddit will no longer allow “any content that shows POC [persons of color] as the aggressor.”

Jesus Christ.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So, what's the Parler version of Reddit going to be?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I remember when I suggested America left and America right.

I guess we need America left, right, racist, non racist, idgas, and trans.

I don’t have time to be racist. But I’ll tell you one thing, if these people are trying to stir hate in normal people like myself, it’s working.

I never wanted to join the military as a young man, I didn’t see the point in fighting possibly in some foreign land. I would for sure go to war in this country to fight against this craziness. It’s become enough.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
It should be no surprise that Skip Bayless has no self respect. He let’s Shannon sit there and spew garbage like an idiot without challenging him.

Someone should tell Shannon this isn’t The View.

And what exactly should JJ and Kraft disavow Trump for? Nearly every speech he’s made he’s talked about lifting up blacks. Is it not okay to be pro America and have an agenda that is uplifting for blacks at the same time?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
First take has gone from a sports debate show to a reverse Clayton Bigsby Black Panther rally.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It should be no surprise that Skip Bayless has no self respect. He let’s Shannon sit there and spew garbage like an idiot without challenging him.

Someone should tell Shannon this isn’t The View.

And what exactly should JJ and Kraft disavow Trump for? Nearly every speech he’s made he’s talked about lifting up blacks. Is it not okay to be pro America and have an agenda that is uplifting for blacks at the same time?
That's part of their narrative, if you support Trump you're racist.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I remember when I suggested America left and America right.

I guess we need America left, right, racist, non racist, idgas, and trans.

I don’t have time to be racist. But I’ll tell you one thing, if these people are trying to stir hate in normal people like myself, it’s working.

I never wanted to join the military as a young man, I didn’t see the point in fighting possibly in some foreign land. I would for sure go to war in this country to fight against this craziness. It’s become enough.
Strong statement. And I will be honest, I would not fault you.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Goddamn. This shit is starting to cause me to have violent thoughts.
I think that is by design.

Some of this shit is outright crazy and it is not just one lone loon saying it.

It is becoming groupthink.

And the cancel culture that has been endorsed has been building a wave for probably the last three years or so.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Strong statement. And I will be honest, I would not fault you.
Really, I don’t want to hurt anyone, or try to hurt anyone, but wtf is really going on here?

I don’t understand why people spend so much time hating other people, and at the same time I don’t understand why people look to be offended.

I really wish everyone would just face the fact that we’re all in this together.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Really, I don’t want to hurt anyone, or try to hurt anyone, but wtf is really going on here?

I don’t understand why people spend so much time hating other people, and at the same time I don’t understand why people look to be offended.

I really wish everyone would just face the fact that we’re all in this together.
You are stoned again, aren't you?

I bet you are.

Honestly, weed needs to be legal.

Like right now.

It is our only hope of getting through this like you stated, together.

And what I mean is that you get errdamnbody that has never got stoned to get stoned.

Then everyone is on equal footing.

I swear this seems like a four-generational boondoggle that has been going on since the sixties.

Time for a reckoning.

Everyone smoke a joint. And let's talk.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
You are stoned again, aren't you?

I bet you are.

Honestly, weed needs to be legal.

Like right now.

It is our only hope of getting through this like you stated, together.

And what I mean is that you get errdamnbody that has never got stoned to get stoned.

Then everyone is on equal footing.

I swear this seems like a four-generational boondoggle that has been going on since the sixties.

Time for a reckoning.

Everyone smoke a joint. And let's talk.
Yeah.

Top Bottom