One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Jesus Christ.

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Any guesses at what the reaction would be if a university announced it would be holding a white only graduation ceremony?

2233boys

Not So New Member
Any guesses at what the reaction would be if a university announced it would be holding a white only graduation ceremony?
If there is an all black one, wouldn't it make sense there is an all white one?

J/K

That is beyond stupid. The comment at the end that MLK would be proud was confusing? Really he'd be proud? He'd be proud that black youth were able to be educated in an Ivy league school, but proud you segregated your graduation ceremony in a separate but equal ceremony? That is literally everything he fought against.

Cotton

Staff member
If there is an all black one, wouldn't it make sense there is an all white one?

J/K

That is beyond stupid. The comment at the end that MLK would be proud was confusing? Really he'd be proud? He'd be proud that black youth were able to be educated in an Ivy league school, but proud you segregated your graduation ceremony in a separate but equal ceremony? That is literally everything he fought against.
I think that was made in sarcasm.

Cotton

Staff member

Fucking disgraceful.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah, that's just straight up ignorance.

I'd like to see a group of whites shut those fools down.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, that's just straight up ignorance.

I'd like to see a group of whites shut those fools down.
I'd like to see a group of whites beat their asses.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I dare say that there could not be an all white ceremony for the graduation because it would be considered discriminating. Blacks would be allowed to attend because of the laws. Blacks obviously would attend the general graduation.

On the other hand blacks are allowed to attend the all black graduation but whites are not allowed. So where is the discrimination issue here? These laws should apply across the board and the all black should not be allowed by law. This type of patronizing is probably intended as a goodwill jester but is both illegal and stupid.

vince

Not So New Member
I dare say that there could not be an all white ceremony for the graduation because it would be considered discriminating. Blacks would be allowed to attend because of the laws. Blacks obviously would attend the general graduation.

On the other hand blacks are allowed to attend the all black graduation but whites are not allowed. So where is the discrimination issue here? These laws should apply across the board and the all black should not be allowed by law. This type of patronizing is probably intended as a goodwill jester but is both illegal and stupid.
And is the reason why racism will continue to exist.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

Fucking disgraceful.
If they have to go back to Africa, shouldn't he go back to Europe...?

Cotton

Staff member
If they have to go back to Africa, shouldn't he go back to Europe...?
Solid point. And, by his logic, yes he should. There is just too much hate in this world, man. Fucking terrible.

Cotton

Staff member
Good point. Going along with that, why is it African-American, Asian-American, Native American, etc but whiteys are just Americans, not European-Americans?

Although when I want American food, I'm cool with that excluding chop suey, burritos or halal?
All hyphenated names should be eliminated. We are all just Americans. Pet peeve of mine.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good point. Going along with that, why is it African-American, Asian-American, Native American, etc but whiteys are just Americans, not European-Americans?

Although when I want American food, I'm cool with that excluding chop suey, burritos or halal?
I agree, it should just be American. American is American.

The problem is what do we call people of color? It's acceptable to call whitey "whites." But it's offensive to refer to "black's, redskins and such." So if you can't say African American and you can't refer to them as black, what is the PC way of saying it?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keep the hyphens. I don't agree to iamtdgs suggestion of just Americans. Point isn't diluting diversity, but equal appreciation of it.
Ah, so you just want Whitey to be European-American?

I'm ok with you using that term. Color me not offended.

Cotton

Staff member
Keep the hyphens. I don't agree to iamtdgs suggestion of just Americans. Point isn't diluting diversity, but equal appreciation of it.
If you were born in this country, you are an American, and should be referred to as such.

Top Bottom