How to (easily) quit this team

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Two things we know.

1. Middy’s belly button has had more dick in it than something that has had a lot of dick in it.

2. Jerry has sexually assaulted at least one broad somewhere. His #metoo moment is coming at some point.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You're right, but I don't ever recall it auto-populating on the old board. Good to know.
It did, but it didn't do it on mobile on the old board. It does it on both with this software.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Some serious novel length posts in this thread from guys who proclaim (again) to have quit the team.

I enjoyed reading your anguish. 4 stars. Would read again.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some serious novel length posts in this thread from guys who proclaim (again) to have quit the team.

For people who allegedly quit the team, they are all still posting on a message board about the Cowboys all the time...

Sheik

DCC 4Life

What was mine missing if I want to shoot for 5 stars next time?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
For people who allegedly quit the team, they are all still posting on a message board about the Cowboys all the time...
You can keep occasional tabs on the team without being emotionally invested, and I think that's where some of us are at.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Good posts. I used to get so irritated when the Cowboys lost...sometimes it would ruin my whole day. I bounced around forums and read the BS from the Jerry nuthuggers, the sunshine pumpers. It was sickening. I stumbled across this forum and instantly felt better when I saw the lack of homers and the guys who called Jerry out for his cornhole country hick fucktardness.
It’s one of the main reasons I bought the forum (along with Skid and Iamtdg) when EZ called it quits because I didn’t want to be miserable all alone if the board went away.
:lol

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Buncha yellow-bellied quitters in this thread. Ride or die Cowboys 4 lyfe right here.

Don't try to get back on the bandwagon when Garrett wins his third Lombardi in a row.

Last edited:

midswat

... soon
I barely post here anymore but I can say the one thing that keeps me checking in occasionally is the community. If I hadn't posted with some of you on and off again for the past decade plus, I'd not come around at all. Can't even remember the last time I've been to CZ but its been literally years.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
So moderation, not abstinence.
I'll always be hanging around the periphery and bitching about jeri here and at other forums. I couldn't complete quit if I wanted, I'm hopelessly addicted but I'd damn sure join a boycott if one ever happened en masse (to won't)

but if a miracle happened and he changed to the point of instituting an organizational enema that resulted in a Patriot like atmosphere and half their results, I'd be back immediately & forgive jeri in a New York minute (might even start spieling his name right 😜 )

Plus I'd spend thousands of dollars on this team over the remainder of my life (assuming I have a few years left)

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The one analogy that has seemed apt to me is if you are brand loyal to a car company. If you buy nothing but Dodges and you love them. But then you start having issues with every one that you buy, you will start buying a different brand. This is no different other than society telling you you have to be loyal to your sports teams.

I used to have a bad day of the team lost. I laughed through most of the jets and bears games. The cowboysshould not have lost either of those and did so spectacularly.
I watch as much packers as I do cowboys now since I have family and friends that root for them. I still visit this board because it is like a crazy mixed up family that I miss and a lot of people on here with good football knowledge.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Obviously the Cowboys have been a dumpster fire for 20 years now, but most professional sports teams are relatively similar in their ultimate futility.
I mostly agree with you but personally I take a bit of exception to this portion of the post.

Personally, it's not the fact that they haven't won anything that bothers me. The part that is frustrating is the way they choose to run the organization and their refusal to change. Their ironclad grip on day to day football operations clearly shows that the organization refuses to do everything in their power to put a championship product on the field.

I'd much rather be a fan of a team like the Chargers. Even though they've never won anything, their ownership is at least pushing buttons and doing everything in their power to put a winner on the field. Sure it hasn't worked out yet but the fact that they're at least inserting new GMs, head coaches, etc., shows me that they're at least fully committed to trying to build a winner. The Cowboys on the other hand have shown ZERO interest in doing everything in their power to put the franchise in the best position to win. Every year you know you're getting the same shit sandwich because the Jones family insists on running things. Meanwhile with teams like the LAC, periodically you can at least legitimately sell yourself on the new GM and front office getting things right.

For those reasons I wouldn't be near as frustrated with the years of futility.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
I mostly agree with you but personally I take a bit of exception to this portion of the post.

Personally, it's not the fact that they haven't won anything that bothers me. The part that is frustrating is the way they choose to run the organization and their refusal to change. Their ironclad grip on day to day football operations clearly shows that the organization refuses to do everything in their power to put a championship product on the field.

I'd much rather be a fan of a team like the Chargers. Even though they've never won anything, their ownership is at least pushing buttons and doing everything in their power to put a winner on the field. Sure it hasn't worked out yet but the fact that they're at least inserting new GMs, head coaches, etc., shows me that they're at least fully committed to trying to build a winner. The Cowboys on the other hand have shown ZERO interest in doing everything in their power to put the franchise in the better position to win. Every year you know you're getting the same shit sandwich because the Jones family insists on running things. Meanwhile with teams like the LAC, periodically you can at least legitimately sell yourself on the new GM and front office getting things right.

I hit props extra hard on this post, just FYI.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I'd much rather be a fan of a team like the Chargers. Even though they've never won anything, their ownership is at least pushing buttons and doing everything in their power to put a winner on the field. Sure it hasn't worked out yet but the fact that they're at least inserting new GMs, head coaches, etc., shows me that they're at least fully committed to trying to build a winner. The Cowboys on the other hand have shown ZERO interest in doing everything in their power to put the franchise in the best position to win. Every year you know you're getting the same shit sandwich because the Jones family insists on running things. Meanwhile with teams like the LAC, periodically you can at least legitimately sell yourself on the new GM and front office getting things right.

Every fanbase believes their billionaire owners could and should be doing more or doing differently.

Cotton

Staff member
Every fanbase believes their billionaire owners could and should be doing more or doing differently.
Come on, man, You know full well our situation is different from every other NFL team in the league. Minus, maybe the Redskins. The Raiders were the last comp out there until ole Al kicked it. You can't compare us to others. You just can't.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
If nothing else had done it the fact that Maher still has a job weighs pretty heavily. The kicker position has been handled very poorly for the last 2 years.

Top Bottom