Giants Fire Jason Garrett

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Does anyone really think Garrett would have made a different decision?
Yeah, and hard to pick on that choice in the 3rd quarter if they believed in their defense. Had they not converted, Atlanta's FG from a drive started at the 5 very well may have become a TD starting from the 39-35.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, and hard to pick on that choice in the 3rd quarter if they believed in their defense. Had they not converted, Atlanta's FG from a drive started at the 5 very well may have become a TD starting from the 39-35.

I actually think it was a bad decision, but one Garrett would have made also.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
LOL @ Garrett hitched his wagon to the bad situation between Judge and Gettleman. :lol

What does that even mean? Garrett was hired when Judge was.

But the real point is, no one is a bigger victim than Jason Garrett. Whether it's Jerry or Gettleman or Judge or his OL or not enough All Pro players, poor Jason is always disadvantaged. :lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
yeah, its a Cowboys thing. Whatever.
Or maybe it's a he really sucks as an NFL coach but yet has the arrogance of an all-timer thing?

Couple that with an absolute refusal to take responsibility, be held accountable for failures, or look at himself in the mirror to see what HE needs to change, and it makes it very easy to dislike the guy.

But yeah, it's a Cowboys thing I'm sure.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Took them 26 games to pull the plug on Garrett.

This is what happens when you have GMs in place who are held accountable for the team's failures.

IMO, it makes the Cowboys look even worse for allowing him to hang around for 10 years.
It really does, and it reinforces the narrative that Jerry and company truly don’t know what the fuck they are doing when it comes to running an NFL team.

There’s no one on earth who should even utter the words “Jerry just wants to win” or “Jerry isn’t a bad GM”.
Ever.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I don’t know what the Giants and their fans are all bent over, I was enjoying watching Garrett build there.

The fact that we stomached that orange shitbag for 10+ years, that just shows me the New Yorkers are pussies.

26 games? That’s nothing.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
What's interesting is how Garrett's firing is yet another repudiation of Jerry's train-wreck stewardship. Kept a guy for 10 years who couldn't even make it through a full season as OC with a marginal franchise.

Now suddenly his Cinderella team, the one that had stars in his eyes, has lost 3 of its last 4. Is 25 years of failure about to become 26?

Top Bottom