Giants Fire Jason Garrett

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
People seem to think personnel evaluation was his bag. If it was, we shouldn't have seen multiple busts.
I just don't buy it. Our drafting was good, hell it was good this past draft without him as well. It was good the year before without him as well. I've seen no difference that's for sure. So I'm not sure why he would get some props for that. We have guys who make those decisions and Garrett wasn't it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jesus Christ, no.
Ugh yeah, first of all I see no reason to believe he would be good at a job like that. And second of all you don't fire a guy, watch him get fired again and then bring him back in a lesser capacity. It's awkward and it would fuck up the dynamic of so many things. Just let Garrett pursue a career path somewhere else. Maybe he should go into used cars or something.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Just saw that John Garrett got fired yesterday too. Check this last sentence: :lol

Lafayette scored just 33 points in those games and scored 25 points and just one touchdown in the second halves of its last six games.

The 56-year-old Garrett, who is the brother of former Cowboys head coach and current Giants offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, said after Saturday’s game that the program had made progress during his five seasons in charge.

“We resurrected a program that wasn’t doing real well before,” he said. “They had won just one Patriot League game in the two years prior to my arrival. We instantly became competitive and we remain competitive every week. It’s really because we brought in the right kind of guys.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Took them 26 games to pull the plug on Garrett.

This is what happens when you have GMs in place who are held accountable for the team's failures.

IMO, it makes the Cowboys look even worse for allowing him to hang around for 10 years.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
So it shouldn't be long before he comes back to Dallas in a consulting role.
:lol

That was one of the first things I thought of when I saw the news.

Uncle Jerry's going to create some front office position just to bring him back to the Cowboys organization.

Will McClay better watch his back.

• Picard
Reactions: p1_

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
IMO, it makes the Cowboys look even worse for allowing him to hang around for 10 years.
Yeah, but in the grand scheme of things, WGAS? It's not like it's gonna change anything. Nothing will be said or done about it. At least not outside a few message boards.

He's finally gone from here, and has been for a couple years. That's all that matters in the end.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yeah, but in the grand scheme of things, WGAS? It's not like it's gonna change anything. Nothing will be said or done about it. At least not outside a few message boards.

He's finally gone from here, and has been for a couple years. That's all that matters in the end.
Right, but it does prove that Jerry don't know shit...and that's good enough for me.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Right, but it does prove that Jerry don't know shit...and that's good enough for me.
I would have thought this would have been proven to everyone long ago.

We didn't need this to happen to know that.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I would have thought this would have been proven to everyone long ago.

We didn't need this to happen to know that.
Goddamn, t-dawg!!!

So Jerry STILL don't know shit.

You sonsabitches I swear

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Goddamn, t-dawg!!!

So Jerry STILL don't know shit.

You sonsabitches I swear
At least I can say I tried. Even as delusional as it might have been. I tried.

Top Bottom