George: Investigation Of Randle Expected To Be Completed By Thursday

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
3-month domestic violence investigation of Dallas Cowboys RB Joseph Randle expected to be completed by Thursday

Brandon George / Reporter Follow @DMN_George Email bgeorge@dallasnews.com

Published: April 27, 2015 4:39 pm

The almost three-month domestic violence investigation involving Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle is expected to be completed by Thursday, Wichita, Kan., police spokesman James Espinoza said Monday.

The Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office will then determine whether to file charges against Randle for a Feb. 3 incident at a hotel in his hometown of Wichita that involved his ex-girlfriend, Dalia Jacobs.

In mid-February, Wichita police presented evidence in their case against Randle to Sedgwick County district attorney Marc Bennett. No charges were filed at the time, and the district attorney’s office requested additional information in the case.

If charges are filed, Randle could be subjected to a six-game suspension for a first-time offense under the NFL’s toughened personal conduct policy.

Jacobs accused Randle of pointing a gun at her friend and the infant son she has with the running back. She also said in a police report that Randle shattered the window of a car, sending glass flying across her friend and their son.

Randle has denied any wrongdoing through his attorney. The Cowboys are aware of the incident but haven’t publicly commented on it. The NFL has been updated on the investigation throughout the process and is monitoring the situation closely.

Randle was initially arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession after a small amount was found in the hotel room registered to his name. He was not taken into custody but given a notice to appear in court, but that charge was later dismissed as police continued the domestic violence investigation.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
10 game suspension.

Cotton

Staff member
I think a lifetime ban is merited in this case.
I'm telling you what I'm hearing around VR. It's looking like it's either a 10 game suspension, a shorter 4 game suspension, or no suspension at all. But, it is definitely one of those 3.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm telling you what I'm hearing around VR. It's looking like it's either a 10 game suspension, a shorter 4 game suspension, or no suspension at all. But, it is definitely one of those 3.
I would ask you to share more, but I don't want to ask you to compromise your sources.

Cotton

Staff member
I would ask you to share more, but I don't want to ask you to compromise your sources.
I appreciate you respecting me like that, amigo.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Dallas Cowboys running back Joseph Randle won’t face felony charges for domestic violence
BY DREW DAVISONDDAVISON@STAR-TELEGRAM.COM
04/29/2015 12:31 PM 04/29/2015 1:46 PM

Joseph Randle won’t face felony charges for domestic violence after the Sedgwick County (Kan.) District Attorney’s Office concluded there was “a lack of evidence” to go forward with the case.

The Wichita, Kan., police department spent almost three months looking into an early February incident at a downtown hotel that involved Randle getting into a dispute with the mother of his child.

However, the investigation did not produce enough evidence against Randle for felony charges.

In a news release, the district attorney’s office stated: “The sufficiency of proof required in a criminal case is proof beyond a reasonable doubt. We find the nature of the available evidence in this instance is insufficient to meet that burden as to felony charges.

“The case may be referred by the Wichita Police Department to the City Prosecutor’s office for potential misdemeanor charges.”

Randle would have been subject to a six-game suspension for a first offense under the NFL’s domestic violence policy, and still could be. The language of the new personal conduct policy is such that commissioner Roger Goodell gives himself the leeway to hand down punishment regardless of the legal process.

That, in part, is how the NFL managed to slap Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy with a 10-game suspension recently.

The policy states that “even if your conduct does not result in a criminal conviction, if the league finds that you have engaged in conduct (prohibited by the policy), you will be subject to discipline."

Randle's ex-girlfriend, Dalia Jacobs, accused him of threatening to "blast" her friend’s vehicle in which their son was a passenger after pointing a gun at the friend. She called 911 to report domestic violence with a weapon but, when police arrived, they did not find a weapon on the scene.

Randle denied the accusations in a statement through his attorney, Gary L. Ayers, days after the incident, and has not publicly commented on it since.

Randle was initially arrested and cited for marijuana possession after a small amount was found in the hotel room he rented, but that charge was eventually dismissed.

Randle, 23, finished last season with 343 rushing yards and three touchdowns on 51 carries, serving as DeMarco Murray’s primary backup.

The second-year pro out of Oklahoma State is a candidate to see his playing time increase significantly with Murray signing with Philadelphia in free agency.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The initial post has Randal's name misspelled.

Top Bottom