Garrett Postmortem Thread...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Because he conned his way to being the head coach of this team for a decade and squandered the career years of our most talented players, thanks to his arrogance and stubbornness.

Fuck him. I resent his whole tenure. I can't say that about any other coach in our history.
Exactly.

It's bad enough that he wasted an entire decade of the franchise along with so many careers, it's the smugness in which he did it that makes it even worse.

Fuck him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What’s the point in hating the guy? He gave it a try but he just didn’t have the killer instinct for the job. He’s gone and now there is another new day in the Teams history so look forward not backward.
Because he's the second longest tenured coach in team history despite failing to achieve anything.

He, along with Jerry, are living, breathing examples of why this team hasn't been to an NFCC in 25 years, with only the Redskins and Lions as contemporaries.

He squandered the careers of multiple HoF/RoH types with nothing but 2 playoff wins over 10 years to show for it and he will probably always be a hated figure amongst Cowboys fans.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It's bad enough that he wasted an entire decade of the franchise along with so many careers, it's the smugness in which he did it that makes it even worse.

Fuck him.
That's what I really hated about him. Not having the talent or ability to be a good coach, that's not really on him. That's on Jerry for keeping him around so long.

But what is on him is that super smug and arrogant attitude. That constant rehearsed grin even at totally inappropriate times. The refusal to accept responsibility after huge gaffes that cost games.

And the local media get a huge assist for a decade of backing him based on nothing more than having Princeton on his resume and his "professional" manner at press conferences.

Dammit. Now I need to go run a couple of miles or something.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
That's what I really hated about him. Not having the talent or ability to be a good coach, that's not really on him. That's on Jerry for keeping him around so long.

But what is on him is that super smug and arrogant attitude. That constant rehearsed grin even at totally inappropriate times. The refusal to accept responsibility after huge gaffes that cost games.

And the local media get a huge assist for a decade of backing him based on nothing more than having Princeton on his resume and his "professional" manner at press conferences.

Dammit. Now I need to go run a couple of miles or something.
Hey now!!! That Thanksgiving Day win! That put him in the family.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well have a Merry Little Christmas with all the Garrett hate. It’s history and now I’m looking down the road forward hoping to see some improvement with the team and their performance. Spilled milk is hard to get back in the container. Here’s hoping the future is brighter than the past.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Comparing Jason Garrett and Mike McCarthy's coaching styles |

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You guys sitting around consoling each other while whining about how the bad man hurt you is so cute.

Did I say cute?

I mean it makes you sound like fucking bitches.

I thought we were supposed to have a Garrett thread for this nonsense?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Well have a Merry Little Christmas with all the Garrett hate. It’s history and now I’m looking down the road forward hoping to see some improvement with the team and their performance. Spilled milk is hard to get back in the container. Here’s hoping the future is brighter than the past.
It will be.

McCarthy is a genuine upgrade and under normal circumstances (no Covid) I would expect us to go far into the playoffs this year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You guys sitting around consoling each other while whining about how the bad man hurt you is so cute.

Did I say cute?

Bitching about one of the primary reasons that a team has failed over the last 10+ years...on a message board dedicated to that team is kind of the reason these types of boards exist in the first place.

But yes, it should be in a contained thread, or more ideally we should just ignore him and any "news" related to him, although if someone wants to ask me why Garrett sucks I'm more than happy to oblige.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Threads have been merged.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

Did I say cute?

There are therapists what specialize in getting you to a better place both mentally and emotionally after such a traumatic experience.

I know the loss of Garrett still hurts to this day.

I wish you the best in your recovery.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Good luck with that!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There are therapists what specialize in getting you to a better place both mentally and emotionally after such a traumatic experience.

I know the loss of Garrett still hurts to this day.

I wish you the best in your recovery.
I’m just fine. You guys are the nancies who can’t stop bringing him up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I’m just fine. You guys are the nancies who can’t stop bringing him up.
We didn't bring him up.

All of those comments were in response to a post about him sharing his thoughts on his time in Dallas, so the comments about him were relevant to the subject.

Again, why does it bother you so much what anyone feels towards Garrett? Because whether the comments are warranted or not, whether someone brings up Garrett out of spite or if there's a good reason to comment about him in any way, you get bent out of shape no matter what and feel compelled to defend his honor every time.

I don't get why it's that important to you that you can resist the urge to say something every time.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Can you stop defending him?
Be the bigger man and stop. Lead by example.
I haven’t defended anything here.

I’m actually just pulling a NoDak and lol’ing about how ridiculous you all sound still cursing him. He’s gone and you all sound like abused spouses, it’s hilarious.

Top Bottom