Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 5 | Packers at Cowboys | 10/06/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The performance by Mayfield makes my heart sing.

:lol

Perhaps he needs to worry less about what Rex says and practice throwing the ball.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
I don't really feel this was a coaching loss. We made too many mistakes. The only coaching decision I really question was kicking the 54 yarder at the end of the half. I would have gone for a 1st there. We had plenty of time and TOs.

I do think we have some talent issues, notably at DT and safety. Positions we've all wanted us to address for years. Teams are gouging us up the gut and our LBers can't make plays. Further, our safeties can't cover, don't help the corners, and suck at tackling to boot. Woods was horrid today and isn't the answer. I'm pretty pissed we picked Hill over some of the safeties available. Especially given the fact that Hill was getting pwned by 3rd teamers in the preseason.
Sorry, I cant disagree more. This was absolutely a coaching loss (again).

The team was grossly unprepared and not even remotely motivated or enthusiastic about this huge game at home. The defensive system is the biggest fucking joke in football right now. There are too many good football players all over this roster to be THAT fucking bad the other day.

Two weeks in a row they absolutely shit the bed. 9+ years of this garbage is enough.

THE GUY CANT FUCKING COACH

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Jerry Jones on TV last night talking about how hard the team fought. Who didn’t see that coming? Fuck him, fuck this whole team.
Yep. I'm sick of it.

Stephen Jones was on the radio making excuses and begging fans to "just stick with us a little longer, it's gonna work" (paraphrasing)

About this <> close to never watching another game again.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
The guys who are supposed to be leaders aren't playing well, so not much accountability.

I genuinely thought Lawrence was gonna bring it this year and the defense would follow his passion. Is he butthurt about Taco's departure or something?
I'm not sure why people keep beating up on Lawrence, he is out there busting his ass. He had two sacks Sunday that unfortunately didn't count (one was the Rodgers play that was overturned I think, at the very least it was intentional grounding) and the other was a play that another penalty was called.

One of the stats posted after last week was Lawrence leads the league in double team % among edge rushing DL's.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The performance by Mayfield makes my heart sing.

:lol

Perhaps he needs to worry less about what Rex says and practice throwing the ball.
He needs to do and worry less about a lot of things.

For starters he needs to stop all the back and forth with former coaches, players, and TV analysts; and he needs to do fewer commercials, interviews, and endorsement appearances. He clearly hasn't dedicated enough of his time to developing himself as a QB.

Right now he's more interested in being a celebrity and the results are showing on the field.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
The Niners would thrash us
I was about to post this, but congrats to Jerry are definitely in order.

Yet another dumpster fire organization appears to have lapped us and their "process" didn't take 9 1/2 years. All it took was ridding themselves of a massive mistake as quickly as possible and bringing in a real football coach. Combine that with some good drafting and personnel moves, and they look like a legit competing team.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Look at that hole.

Kyle Shanahan is one hell of an offensive coach, just like his dad.

Hey but we have this!

:roboclap

Rev

Staff member

Yet another dumpster fire organization appears to have lapped us and their "process" didn't take 9 1/2 years. All it took was ridding themselves of a massive mistake as quickly as possible and bringing in a real football coach. Combine that with some good drafting and personnel moves, and they look like a legit competing team.
They have done it more than once since we have been back. Were horrible and then went to NFC championship with Capernick. Went back to being horrible and now look like one of the best teams again.

if it wasn't so sad it would be comical.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Yep, and I’m not sure how people keep defending Garrett. How many teams have turned around by a simple coaching overhaul in the time that Garrett has been “learning” to be a head coach?

That’s the laughable part of all this bullshit from Jones. Shanahan and Pederson...McVay....Lefleur....Reich....even Patricia has the Lions playing well.

It’s pretty evident you don’t need 9 years to learn to be successful nor is it as difficult as Smitty says to find an innovative coach who can be successful at the NFL level.

1bigfan13

Staff member
They have done it more than once since we have been back. Were horrible and then went to NFC championship with Capernick. Went back to being horrible and now look like one of the best teams again.

if it wasn't so sad it would be comical.
Hell, they went to the NFC Championship one year and the Super Bowl the next with Kaepernick.

And as Unc pointed out, there's a long laundry list of other coaches who have taken their teams further in the playoffs within their first 3 years on the job. Meanwhile in Dallas we're still dicking around with a coach who has clearly reached his ceiling. And that ceiling was fairly low.

Rev

Staff member
Hell, they went to the NFC Championship one year and the Super Bowl the next with Kaepernick.

And as Unc pointed out, there's a long laundry list of other coaches who have taken their teams further in the playoffs within their first 3 years on the job. Meanwhile in Dallas we're still dicking around with a coach who has clearly reached his ceiling. And that ceiling was fairly low.
Yeah. I just find it funny that the 49ers have been through the bad to good cycle twice.

Meanwhile our team is still trying to learn when to get motivated.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Because no one holds his to the fire for epic failure after epic failure either
Because no one holds the GM's feet to the fire.

Because win or lose, the owner keeps making money.

He bought a money printing machine in 1989. Turns out, it doesn't matter whether the operator is competent or not, the damn thing just never stops printing money. So why fix what isn't broken?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yeah. I just find it funny that the 49ers have been through the bad to good cycle twice.

Meanwhile our team is still trying to learn when to get motivated.
Which is why I'll never get on board with the arguments of people like Schmitty who are petrified to move on from Garrett just because there's not a HC candidate available who is a guaranteed improvement.

First, there are very few guarantees in life.

Second, there are a lot of coaches out there whose resumes are a hell of a lot more impressive than Jason Garrett's when he got the job in Dallas. That alone would make me roll the dice on someone else. Mainly because those coaches' accomplishments are well documented and you know they've actually EARNED their promotions. Basically the complete opposite of how Garrett got the job.

So I'd absolutely take my chances to see if someone else could push the right buttons with this franchise, rather than watch them continue to be stuck in mud with Garrett.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Yep, and I’m not sure how people keep defending Garrett. How many teams have turned around by a simple coaching overhaul in the time that Garrett has been “learning” to be a head coach?

That’s the laughable part of all this bullshit from Jones. Shanahan and Pederson...McVay....Lefleur....Reich....even Patricia has the Lions playing well.

It’s pretty evident you don’t need 9 years to learn to be successful nor is it as difficult as Smitty says to find an innovative coach who can be successful at the NFL level.
In the owner's defense, the GM is still learning on the job.

It's a process that we just simply can't understand.

• Props
Reactions: Rev
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom