Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 5 | Packers at Cowboys | 10/06/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Aside from Zeke and Dak's rookie season, the Packers have had the Cowboys number for the past decade.

This is a bit of a toss up game, IMO. I know it's a bit cliche but this is one of those game that I think will be decided by whoever wins the turnover battle.

The Cowboys struggle to create turnovers and Aaron Rodgers is at or near the top of the TD:INT ratio list. So I doubt the Cowboys will get their hands on an INT. Hopefully they can force a fumble or two.

Michael Gallups return gives me hope that we'll see more aggression from the passing game. Last week week was a return to the garbage we've seen most of the past 2 seasons.

The OL needs to get their shit together this week. As I mentioned yesterday, there has been too much money and premium draft picks invested in the OL and RBs for performances like last week's to happen.

Packers 26
Cowboys 24

Packers in a close one, IMO, because I don't trust Jason Garrett and Kellen Moore is still a huge question mark. Moore got his first real test against a solid NFL defense and he failed miserably. So lets pump those brakes before trying to anoint him as the next great offensive mind or worrying about some other team hiring him away from Dallas.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Wheels stay off.

Green Bay 31
Dallas 20
And I'm fine with that.

This is going to be one of the most stress free football seasons that I've ever endured.

From my perspective every week is pretty much win-win.

If the Cowboys win and even advance to the NFC Championship game....great.

If the Cowboys lose and don't make the playoffs or are bounced from the playoffs early again....great. Because it means that Jason Garrett is probably finally out of here.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
I don't see this being close. Tyron Smith being out is almost certainly going to lead to a number of negative plays (pass and run), I still don't believe in the defense and the offense stunk up the place last week against a defense that had not played well all year.

I see an ugly 38-13 loss.

data

Forbes #1
...but I feel like we’ll rip off 4 consecutive wins after, incl Eagles.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't see this being close. Tyron Smith being out is almost certainly going to lead to a number of negative plays (pass and run), I still don't believe in the defense and the offense stunk up the place last week against a defense that had not played well all year.

Green Bay never blows out a solid to good Cowboys team. Aaron Rodgers has their number but aside from the trainwreck 2015 season it always comes down to the last couple of drives of the game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'd like to know why they're still trotting Connor Williams raggedy ass out there as a starting Guard.

Looney >>> Williams by a country mile.

Seems like a no brainer decision to me.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Green Bay never blows out a solid to good Cowboys team. Aaron Rodgers has their number but aside from the trainwreck 2015 season it always comes down to the last couple of drives of the game.
We'll see. I hope I am wrong and we win the game, but there were warning signs the first half of that Miami game and last week was a shitshow.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
I'd like to know why they're still trotting Connor Williams raggedy ass out there as a starting Guard.

Looney >>> Williams by a country mile.

Seems like a no brainer decision to me.
Yeah not sure I agree. Looney was adequate at C last yr (at best). it isn't like he was some sort of amazing stud or something. He also didn't look good in preseason this year.

Williams has had a few really bad plays that have stood out but has also mixed plenty of quality play as well. He still has a lot of upside, Looney has no upside. Looney is good for the role we have him for, backup swing C/G

data

Forbes #1
I’m just trying to sense if it’s gonna be one of those over-reaction playcalling games...

in response to NO’s criticism, we’ll start calling jap plays, triple men in motion, tap pass sweeps, etc

1bigfan13

Staff member
We'll see. I hope I am wrong and we win the game, but there were warning signs the first half of that Miami game and last week was a shitshow.
1st half slow starts on offense have been a huge problem during Garrett's era in Dallas....even dating back to when Romo was the starting QB. There are a lot of people who still point the finger at Dak for starting off slow in the the 2016 playoff game against GB even though Romo's Cowboys usually struggled out of the gate as well running Garrett's scheme.

The script/game plan that the Cowboys put together to start games has usually been ineffective. Getting off to fast starts are a rarity.

When Romo was here the offense would finally start clicking once we got past whatever scripted BS that Garrett & Linehan put together and Romo started adjusting and reacting on the fly. That usually would occur somewhere in mid to late 2nd quarter on our 3rd of 4th drive of the game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yeah not sure I agree. Looney was adequate at C last yr (at best). it isn't like he was some sort of amazing stud or something. He also didn't look good in preseason this year.

Williams has had a few really bad plays that have stood out but has also mixed plenty of quality play as well. He still has a lot of upside, Looney has no upside. Looney is good for the role we have him for, backup swing C/G
I know Looney's not amazing, but I think he makes fewer mental mistakes and is more fundamentally sound than Williams.

Williams is still young so you can still sell people on "upside" but at the moment I think Looney's floor is a lot higher than Williams'.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I’m just trying to sense if it’s gonna be one of those over-reaction playcalling games...

in response to NO’s criticism, we’ll start calling jap plays, triple men in motion, tap pass sweeps, etc
I'm actually more interested in seeing if this defense can be disruptive against quality QB and offense.

I think with Gallup back in the lineup we'll see a few more aggressive throws from Dak.

Along those same lines, Cobb is the guy who I think will have a big day today. He's going to to have a lot more room to work now that Gallup is back on the field.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think we bounce back. Gallup back and I think (hope) we get back to using Pollard more.

Cowboys - 28

Packers - 24

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

What happened to "19-0" dbair?

I think Dallas wins. GB's missing Adams and even Williams is pretty big, and they're banged up at corner.

Being at home will make a big difference. For years there this team was bad at home, but lately they've changed that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Cowboys 24 Packers 27

1bigfan13

Staff member
Being at home will make a big difference. For years there this team was bad at home, but lately they've changed that.
I'm willing to bet the crowd will be close to a 50/50 split between Cowboys and Packers fans.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Will Dak have to use a silent count in his own backyard? Packers fans can get pretty loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom