Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 11 | Cowboys @ Lions | 11/17/19

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Cowboys broke away from their tendencies big time with that play call. Glad they called for it on 2nd down as well.

That's what it takes to beat the Patriots and advance in the playoffs. Not over-relying on the same play calling methodology.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The Raiders could if the Chiefs fail here. As much as it seems the Chiefs are one of the elite, they really aren't at last year's level.
I get Chargers have Bosa but he's not the only Charger getting thru, their OL looks like a sieve right now

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ekeler is Kamara without the hype

data

Forbes #1
#42 Chiefs is quite the tubby.

Looks like the dwarf in Lord of the Rings

data

Forbes #1
:lol

Archuleta buttoned up the conversation by saying, “One has to ask themselves, a $30 tie or a $30 mustache.” Dedes then replies, “Can we get you to grow the stache by next week?” And that’s when Archuleta responds, a little too confidently, that he “could probably squeeze out maybe a Dirty Sanchez, not really a full stache.”

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I really hate fantasy football sometimes. I only need 15 points from Mahomes and he has....1.9 :budd

data

Forbes #1
Michael Bennett already leading the pre-game speech...not sure if that's a good or bad indicator, or both.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Great throw off the back foot by Mahomes for the TD to Kelce.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Nice td throw

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Hardman has had a pretty damn good season so far for a rookie.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The Cowboys broke away from their tendencies big time with that play call. Glad they called for it on 2nd down as well.

That's what it takes to beat the Patriots and advance in the playoffs. Not over-relying on the same play calling methodology.
Could have beaten Minnesota with that type of play call.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You have been critical of Dak Prescott for being dink-and-dunk, implying that Dak's efficient starts are not helpful for this team to win in the playoffs.

This year, he's Top 5 passing stats.
- 463 yards vs Green Bay (#1 or #2 seed in NFC)
- 100.5 passer rating and a W vs Eagles, a legitimate division contender
- 397 yards and 101.4 passer rating vs a well-respected Vikings defense

so you can't call him dink-and-dunk anymore and now you're moving onto the New England Patriots, the greatest dynasty in NFL history.

With this standard, then Roger Staubach is a fucking dud because of his stats against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Good lord I’m not hammering Dak.

Far from it.

Its the fanboys who genuflect on just Dak and forget how average a product the team has been.

With the investment at OL, RB, and WR in contracts and draft picks, this offense was bound to be productive.

What I dislike is the focus on Dak, who is fantastic and has been heading that way since Cooper arrived, while completely ignoring how we had to fight to beat a depleted Detroit team by a TD.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good lord I’m not hammering Dak.

Far from it.

Its the fanboys who genuflect on just Dak and forget how average a product the team has been.

With the investment at OL, RB, and WR in contracts and draft picks, this offense was bound to be productive.

What I dislike is the focus on Dak, who is fantastic and has been heading that way since Cooper arrived, while completely ignoring how we had to fight to beat a depleted Detroit team by a TD.
That was Daks fault how? Dak was the one who got us up by 14. Dak didn't fumble the opening play to fall behind by 7. Dak and the recievers carried the team. And if the run game contributed at all we would have scored more.

Top Bottom