Fisher: Taco Charlton To Be Inactive Vs. Giants

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah I mean at this point it seems like the team doesn't care how he performs. They appear to be holding him out because if he gets hurt he is untradable. Still seems silly to me that the best Dlineman from preseason is getting benched for others. But How Bout Them Cowboys.
Well, he is pretty much untradeable under normal circumstances anyways. So perhaps this is just brilliance.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
Apparently he bolted the locker room immediately after the game. Gotta assume the dude is gone soon

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
After seeing how pisspoor the pass rush was and how terrible Crawford played, something is seriously wrong with sitting Charlton today.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Well, get ready to be pissed then.

did yall discuss this? I find it fairly surprising/strange that Hill wasnt active.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

did yall discuss this? I find it fairly surprising/strange that Hill wasnt active.
Why is it surprising? He sucks. He's raw and he probably could have been drafted a full round later than he went or more.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Why is it surprising? He sucks. He's raw and he probably could have been drafted a full round later than he went or more.
Ill just say Maliek didnt do a lot, plus I saw a good bit of Joe Jackson at RDE. I can't imagine Jackson is already better than Hill, but maybe so.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
After seeing how pisspoor the pass rush was and how terrible Crawford played, something is seriously wrong with sitting Charlton today.
He should have played. Seemed obvious. They overrate Crawfords ability to stop the run at RE. He gets sucked inside and lacks the speed to cover the edge.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's something wrong with Charlton upstairs, he clearly has enough talent to at least be a decent rotational DE but he's past the point of no return here, presumably just due to his personality/character/work ethic.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's something wrong with Charlton upstairs, he clearly has enough talent to at least be a decent rotational DE but he's past the point of no return here, presumably just due to his personality/character/work ethic.
Yeah I don't think the guy has what I'd call an ideal personality. Still he is on the team, you might as well get what use you can out of him for now. Just seems silly to waste a guy who outplayed all these other DE's in preseason just because you hate his personality.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

I wasn't surprised, he didn't play well in preseason and looks like a project that needs weight room work as well as technique development.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
How are you supposed to get something decent in return if you don't showcase him? The D line is Lawrence and a bunch of JAGs. No excuse not to play him.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
How are you supposed to get something decent in return if you don't showcase him? The D line is Lawrence and a bunch of JAGs. No excuse not to play him.
I agree I would have played him. I actually think we might end up regretting it if we do trade him.

He did have a decent week two preseason game and followed that up with a really impressive week 3 preseason game, so teams did get to see that.

To me the only reasons not to play him were 1) if he was hurt (and Broaddus said he was healthy enough to play) or 2) if a trade was imminent and they needed to make sure he didn't get hurt.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Ill just say Maliek didnt do a lot, plus I saw a good bit of Joe Jackson at RDE. I can't imagine Jackson is already better than Hill, but maybe so.
I do think Jackson is better than Hill but it's more about position flex I think. Jackson can play inside but Hill can't play outside. They can do more things with Jackson.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I do think Jackson is better than Hill but it's more about position flex I think. Jackson can play inside but Hill can't play outside. They can do more things with Jackson.
You are putting way too much thought into this.

Hill is a bust in waiting. It has nothing to do with flexibility or anything else.

He was not good enough to garner being active in yesterday's game.

So Christian Covington was Woods' backup. Because he is better.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hill is a bust in waiting. It has nothing to do with flexibility or anything else.

Hill is a 3 technique!!!! but yeah Hill only made the roster because of his draft status. Hopefully next year he is better with a year in the weight room.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He backs up Collins, who had an alleged all-world training camp, but didnt register a single tackle yesterday.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

It's true that he's not good enough right now. I'm talking about the team's reasoning. They like guys at the bottom of the roster who can line up in multiple spots.

Top Bottom