Fisher: Taco Charlton To Be Inactive Vs. Giants

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Damn it. Would like to see him play a bit. I guess they think after his last game his trade value is likely the highest it will be. Still think he could develop if he gets the chance.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn it. Would like to see him play a bit. I guess they think after his last game his trade value is likely the highest it will be. Still think he could develop if he gets the chance.
Should be are fucking starting RE but whatever. He isn't Marinelli's buddy or something.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Should be are fucking starting RE but whatever. He isn't Marinelli's buddy or something.
Or maybe he just isn't good enough. I get that Crawford is definitely not what you want in a RDE, but this guy has the kind of flake attitude that would turn most coaches off. Not just Marinelli.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or maybe he just isn't good enough. I get that Crawford is definitely not what you want in a RDE, but this guy has the kind of flake attitude that would turn most coaches off. Not just Marinelli.
He is better than Crawford at RE from what I can see and I don't trust Marinelli's talent evaluation. This isn't a situation where I can just trust the coaches opinion and move on.

But yes I think he is a flake and I wouldn't trust him with a second contract ever. But I sure as shit would get use out of him while he is motivated.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Screw him. Between Armstrong, Hyder and Jackson we should be good.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If he isn't active with Quinn suspended then you might as well trade him. Even if it's a case of being snubbed by Marinelli. Unfortunately we are stuck with Marinelli so it isn't going to change.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
He is better than Crawford at RE from what I can see and I don't trust Marinelli's talent evaluation. This isn't a situation where I can just trust the coaches opinion and move on.

But yes I think he is a flake and I wouldn't trust him with a second contract ever. But I sure as shit would get use out of him while he is motivated.
I think his ceiling is higher than Crawford but outside of this past preseason I haven't seen any evidence that he is actually better than Crawford.

I'd like to Taco active to see if anything's changed though.

What will really bug me is if Trysten Hill is active and Taco isn't.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think his ceiling is higher than Crawford but outside of this past preseason I haven't seen any evidence that he is actually better than Crawford.

I'd like to Taco active to see if anything's changed though.

What will really bug me is if Trysten Hill is active and Taco isn't.
Well, get ready to be pissed then.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If he isn't active with Quinn suspended then you might as well trade him. Even if it's a case of being snubbed by Marinelli. Unfortunately we are stuck with Marinelli so it isn't going to change.
Trade him for what though?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Shame he couldn't have been given this game to display a passrush and work up some trade value, especially with Quinn out.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
And I'd trade him for whatever they could get, draft pick or player.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shame he couldn't have been given this game to display a passrush and work up some trade value, especially with Quinn out.
It could also serve for Dallas to see what they have in Hyder and Jackson. If they show out, then they can certainly feel better about trading him.

But honestly this is probably them resting an injury when it comes down to it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And I'd trade him for whatever they could get, draft pick or player.
You would. Jones can't. When is the last time he pimped out a player and got a good return?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You would. Jones can't. When is the last time he pimped out a player and got a good return?
Big Purty Pat McQuistan netted a 6th, right?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We are deep enough at DE that I'm okay with this. I had rather have Hyder get the majority of the snaps anyway.

Rev

Staff member
You already lost on the pick. The guy isnt going to be active so absolutely no return on the investment. He is going to walk after contract so even if its a 7th round pick you get something back. Just write the loss off and move forward.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You already lost on the pick. The guy isnt going to be active so absolutely no return on the investment. He is going to walk after contract so even if its a 7th round pick you get something back. Just write the loss off and move forward.
BuT WuT if He BloWs uP WiTh SoME1 else?

Rev

Staff member
BuT WuT if He BloWs uP WiTh SoME1 else?

well then they finally realize what we all know and that is Marinelli is an idiot.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I mean at this point it seems like the team doesn't care how he performs. They appear to be holding him out because if he gets hurt he is untradable. Still seems silly to me that the best Dlineman from preseason is getting benched for others. But How Bout Them Cowboys.

Top Bottom