Feel good thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Lee Greenwood remade his classic God Bless the USA with military members, past and present. Pretty damn awesome.

That was fucking bad ass! :towel:towel:towel

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
don't know where to put this but it made me feel good hearing his story, so here she blows:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think that is the norm. It's just that certain people want to portray the outliers as the norm.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Barkleys comments at the 20:23 mark are me in a nut shell. I cant tell you the number of times I've been asked begged for my "professional opinion" which I reluctantly have done (with brutal honesty) and been met with anger and/or offense

I finally realized people dont really want your opinion, they want you to put a stamp of approval on the decision they've already made

Cotton

Staff member
I finally realized people dont really want your opinion, they want you to put a stamp of approval on the decision they've already made
This is why I never give my opinion anymore, except for a few close friends and family. Most don't give a god damn about your "advice". They want confirmation. And, if they don't get it from you, they will just move on to the next "friend" to get that confirmation.

data

Forbes #1
This is why I never give my opinion anymore, except for a few close friends and family. Most don't give a god damn about your "advice". They want confirmation. And, if they don't get it from you, they will just move on to the next "friend" to get that confirmation.
Interesting. we don’t want to hear your jokes and yet...

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's 98?!? Holy shit, that is awesome. Only question is hat took so long for them to let him do that.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
So, not looking for props or anything, just wanted to share an encounter I had with Some folks last week.

The two older folks stopped in last week and ordered breakfast. I overheard my wife in conversation with the Gentleman. I could tell by the tone of my wife’s voice, it was her “compassion voice”. She came over to me to explain these people were burying their son that day.

I like to do things for people when I can, so I let them finish their breakfast in peace, but when I saw they were leaving, I asked where they were from, he explained they were driving back to Orange County area after the services.

I asked him to stop back by so we could send them on their road trip with something.

We sliced a whole tri tip, threw a package of buns in a thermal bag, added some sodas, waters, beef jerky, trail mix, just a bunch of snacks. Sent them with it after the services.

The gentleman found me on Facebook today. Wrote a lovely message to my wife and I.

After I read it, I clicked on his profile. He’s a fucking Biden/Harris voter. I had so many mixed emotions, but eventually I’ve come to feel good about the encounter. Two couples, totally different views politically, but my wife and I saw someone hurting, our first thought was to do something nice. Then you have the two people on the receiving end of a kind gesture.

They, like us, had no idea who we were talking to or trying help. It was just raw human connection, The desire to do something positive.

If I had a Trump hat on, or a yard sign in front of the diner, you think they would have stopped? If he was wearing a Biden hat, would I have went out if my way to try and brighten their day?

I’d like to say yes. The truth is, I don’t know. The political climate is so charged, tribal even. I’m afraid we’re heading down a slippery slope where politics defines us.

I’m glad it happened. More than anything, I think it’s been interesting to think about how differently things could have been that morning.

*Also a bit high.

Cotton

Staff member
So, not looking for props or anything, just wanted to share an encounter I had with Some folks last week.

The two older folks stopped in last week and ordered breakfast. I overheard my wife in conversation with the Gentleman. I could tell by the tone of my wife’s voice, it was her “compassion voice”. She came over to me to explain these people were burying their son that day.

I like to do things for people when I can, so I let them finish their breakfast in peace, but when I saw they were leaving, I asked where they were from, he explained they were driving back to Orange County area after the services.

I asked him to stop back by so we could send them on their road trip with something.

We sliced a whole tri tip, threw a package of buns in a thermal bag, added some sodas, waters, beef jerky, trail mix, just a bunch of snacks. Sent them with it after the services.

The gentleman found me on Facebook today. Wrote a lovely message to my wife and I.

After I read it, I clicked on his profile. He’s a fucking Biden/Harris voter. I had so many mixed emotions, but eventually I’ve come to feel good about the encounter. Two couples, totally different views politically, but my wife and I saw someone hurting, our first thought was to do something nice. Then you have the two people on the receiving end of a kind gesture.

They, like us, had no idea who we were talking to or trying help. It was just raw human connection, The desire to do something positive.

If I had a Trump hat on, or a yard sign in front of the diner, you think they would have stopped? If he was wearing a Biden hat, would I have went out if my way to try and brighten their day?

I’d like to say yes. The truth is, I don’t know. The political climate is so charged, tribal even. I’m afraid we’re heading down a slippery slope where politics defines us.

I’m glad it happened. More than anything, I think it’s been interesting to think about how differently things could have been that morning.

*Also a bit high.
It's amazing how we can all love each other regardless of the nonsense, huh?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
It's amazing how we can all love each other regardless of the nonsense, huh?
That’s what I was kind of thinking. I almost want to message him back and get his thoughts on it. I probably won’t, as it’s a little risky these days to mix it up politically.

But if I do, and he says something profound, I’ll leave a note in here.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
That’s what I was kind of thinking. I almost want to message him back and get his thoughts on it. I probably won’t, as it’s a little risky these days to mix it up politically.

But if I do, and he says something profound, I’ll leave a note in here.
I think we would all like to hear you msgd him back, admitting yall are on opposite sides of the political spectrum but hopefully this is an olive branch to each other and a big FU to the media stirring up this war

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I think we would all like to hear you msgd him back, admitting yall are on opposite sides of the political spectrum but hopefully this is an olive branch to each other and a big FU to the media stirring up this war
I’ll consider it. I’m talking to my wife about it.

Cotton

Staff member
That's exactly what I think the msg should be. "We are on opposite sides of this political fence, but in spite of that, we still connected. Let's use this is an example of how even with differing views, people can get along."

Top Bottom