Fantasy Advice Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Christian Kirk vs Saints or Sammy Watkins (minus Mahomes) vs Packers?
That's tough, they both may be eased in coming back from injuries. Think I'd go with Watkins and hope for garbage time yards

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's tough, they both may be eased in coming back from injuries. Think I'd go with Watkins and hope for garbage time yards
Yeah, I'm struggling with this one. If Mahomes was playing I think it would be a much easier decision. Once healthy, though, I think Kirk is going to be a point machine. I have had him stashed on my bench for the last 3 weeks.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Am I crazy for thinking about sitting Mahomes for Tannehill today since KC is in a snowstorm?

Cotton

Staff member
Am I crazy for thinking about sitting Mahomes for Tannehill today since KC is in a snowstorm?
I would do it. Tannehill is hot right now.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
Devante Parker coming off injury versus that Bills defense or Christian Kirk vs Washington NameTBD?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Devante Parker coming off injury versus that Bills defense or Christian Kirk vs Washington NameTBD?
I'd prob roll with Kirk cause of injury risk

Cotton

Staff member
@jsmith6919, who is that Staleys character in your league? He seems like a massive pain in the ass. :lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
@jsmith6919, who is that Staleys character in your league? He seems like a massive pain in the ass. :lol
One of the new guys, hell I had to replace 7 people I couldn't be choosy but yeah he's gone next season :lol

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Waking this thread up...

So I got auto drafted a bad team, tinkered around and added to it during the year, and barely snuck into the playoffs.

Big problem is my QB. I had Jackson who was bad most of the year, then hurt and may not even play. Cousins is my backup and he's been good but he's going against the Rams. I could pick up Hurts against the awful Giants but I don't trust him.

What would you do...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Waking this thread up...

So I got auto drafted a bad team, tinkered around and added to it during the year, and barely snuck into the playoffs.

Big problem is my QB. I had Jackson who was bad most of the year, then hurt and may not even play. Cousins is my backup and he's been good but he's going against the Rams. I could pick up Hurts against the awful Giants but I don't trust him.

What would you do...
You better go with the "Pro Bowl Alternate".

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
No Wai... Really? I'm not seeing that, did it just happen?

That would make the decision easier though. :lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No Wai... Really? I'm not seeing that, did it just happen?

That would make the decision easier though. :lol
Hurts should get you at least 17 considering his running points so he's the safe play if you have confidence in your other guys

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Hurts isn't a bad choice. Hard to give any other advice not knowing who is available. I have Brady and Murray in the DCC League, Herbert and Russ Wilson in my draft league.

Wilson has been garbage brady and herbert have been consistent

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Hurts isn't a bad choice. Hard to give any other advice not knowing who is available
Basically nobody. Somebody like Wentz or some maybe Jackson's backup in Baltimore.

Okay, another question for you guys: My defense has been Buffalo, who have been okay (though not as good as they started out the year). I could also get Philly here, and that's what most of the "experts" recommend. I can do that but I sort of hate playing a defense that isn't that good no matter how inept the offense is that they're playing.

Just a general question, in a case like that do you guys go with a good defense going against a good (or at least solid and competent) offense, or a so-so defense against a bad team?

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Basically nobody. Somebody like Wentz or some maybe Jackson's backup in Baltimore.

Okay, another question for you guys: My defense has been Buffalo, who have been okay (though not as good as they started out the year). I could also get Philly here, and that's what most of the "experts" recommend. I can do that but I sort of hate playing a defense that isn't that good no matter how inept the offense is that they're playing.

Just a general question, in a case like that do you guys go with a good defense going against a good (or at least solid and competent) offense, or a so-so defense against a bad team?
look for teams with high turnover rate. I picked up Dallas after week 4. now that they are getting sacks too it has been a great move. Indy and TB are my others

Top Bottom