Falcons Stuff...

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
if Dallas losses this, thier season will go off the rails, you dont respect the Falcons on any level.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Even if they lose they're still winning the division easily, so not exactly off the rails.

yup, because winning in a bad division is succcess. once agian, we ll accept beating bad teams but cant win important games. YEA losing mentality.

yes it will go off teh rails.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
We better come back and kick the living shit out of the Falcons to make up for that shitfest yesterday.

we have to go back to the basics, stick with what works, out execute the other team, and if need be, sit Dak. We never take out Back up QB serious until we need them and it barely pans out well for us.

its time to get the team ready to understand they will win a playoff game or let the season slip away yet again. those are the only two options.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup, because winning in a bad division is succcess. once agian, we ll accept beating bad teams but cant win important games. YEA losing mentality.

yes it will go off teh rails.
No but one or two regular season games don't really define a season either.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
No but one or two regular season games don't really define a season either.

they do when you dont recover. they do when losses pile up, they also do if those losses come back to bite you in the ass. no one wins a season if they cant win at the playoffs. i know its been a while for the Cowboys and the fans have accepted mediocrity as a fan favorite. But winners gotta win, and yes certain losses do matter.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
they do when you dont recover. they do when losses pile up, they also do if those losses come back to bite you in the ass. no one wins a season if they cant win at the playoffs. i know its been a while for the Cowboys and the fans have accepted mediocrity as a fan favorite. But winners gotta win, and yes certain losses do matter.
Maybe wait until you see what they do in the playoffs before worrying about back to back losses in early November tanking the season with half the regular season to go.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Maybe wait until you see what they do in the playoffs before worrying about back to back losses in early November tanking the season with half the regular season to go.

since this year has been diferent yes, the team does deserve that, but im just saying i wont be surprised if the sun is there tomorrow.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chargers lost back to back. They won this week though and I wouldn't write them off. We need to right the ship against the Falcons but if Dak gets right I feel good regardless at the end of the season.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
since this year has been diferent yes, the team does deserve that, but im just saying i wont be surprised if the sun is there tomorrow.
Losing to Atlanta would be horrific for sure, and I expect them to win easily, it just wouldn't be the end of the world.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Chargers lost back to back. They won this week though and I wouldn't write them off. We need to right the ship against the Falcons but if Dak gets right I feel good regardless at the end of the season.
Building teams in the NFL is mostly like playing poker, you have to make the best decisions you can at the time to maximize your odds, but ultimately you could have a 75% chance of winning and you get the wrong card on the river.

"Getting the wrong card on the river" can apply to any number of things in the NFL, like poorly timed injuries, horse shit penalties that flip games that are on a razor's edge, making an ill-timed mistake in a big moment, etc.

The point I'm trying to make is that what we have right now is enough to compete for everything. It doesn't mean that we will succeed, and we could always get fucked at the wrong time due to any number of factors, but if we're firing on all cylinders we can go all the way.

Whether or not that happens is basically theater.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Only panic button I have headed to the ATL game is with the run D and Dak.

Run D will be adjusted, as much as possible, but goes back to the Hillbilly Twins not addressing a true premium NT to fix the problem. It will be their Achilles into the playoffs. It’s disconcerting to see the D gashed by huge run plays, and you can bet other teams are going to take note of it.

Dak looked like shit and did nothing to help either side of the ball. Hopefully he bounces back and plays more like the first 4 games vs what we saw yesterday.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak looked like shit and did nothing to help either side of the ball. Hopefully he bounces back and plays more like the first 4 games vs what we saw yesterday.
The run defense looked mostly like a combination of poor tackling and just some goofy alignments. There was an alignment where we left a huge gap between the DE and DT basically counting on the LBer to fill that gap. LBer filled gap and the run went right around the DE. Just seems like you're really counting heavily on the Dlineman keeping the edge and also making the play. I don't know how much the run defense was really a product of talent in this one.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life

What year did anyone really take the Chargers seriously?

This was a very good year for the Cowboys, now im not saying time to hit the panic button or everything is in ruins. It is, statistically its more likely, Jerry Jones has a lot of fans fooled, he really doesnt care if the Cowboys win the Sb, he is one of the owners, that just want their stadiums making money.

That aside, lets be honest, the Cowboys also deserve no respect, because its always accepted that they dont even make the play offs. everyone saw the Garrett era, making a playoff win was never a problem, JJ was ok as long as money is made.

Im just the old guard and we saw this before. Dallas PR sunshine pumps and a lot of people buy into it. Is it possible this year, yes its a great great season for the Cowboys to go far, but right now 3 better teams stand in their way and honestly, doesnt really seem a lot o evidence that the Cowboys will break that hump. We arent going to be beating on bad teams every week

Top Bottom