Falcons Stuff...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm fine rolling with Steele at LT again and seeing how it looks when the entire team doesn't have their heads up their asses, minus Parsons.

If he plays like shit again that's when I'd start looking at flipping him and Collins or even just going with Nsheke at LT until Smith is back.
Yeah I'll give the guy a chance to transition a little before I scrap it. But I'm not giving it long. Even if Nsheke isn't any better at LT (Or Collins), moving Steele back to RT strengthens the RT spot. So in the end you still are better.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm fine rolling with Steele at LT again and seeing how it looks when the entire team doesn't have their heads up their asses, minus Parsons.

If he plays like shit again that's when I'd start looking at flipping him and Collins or even just going with Nsheke at LT until Smith is back.
yeah. It was bad vs Denver, but seeing how he really improved at RT, I want to see if he can do the same on the left side.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah I'll give the guy a chance to transition a little before I scrap it. But I'm not giving it long. Even if Nsheke isn't any better at LT (Or Collins), moving Steele back to RT strengthens the RT spot. So in the end you still are better.

You think Steele is a better RT than Collins?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
No matter what happens this week, I'm just glad they aren't bringing back Maher.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You think Steele is a better RT than Collins?
Based on last game, yes. But again you have Collins coming back from sitting for 6 weeks so who knows. Either way better to have 2 high level RT's and one mediocre LT. As opposed to 2 mediocre LTs and one high level RT.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Based on last game, yes. But again you have Collins coming back from sitting for 6 weeks so who knows. Either way better to have 2 high level RT's and one mediocre LT. As opposed to 2 mediocre LTs and one high level RT.

Admittedly I haven't watched it closely but I find it hard to believe Steele is better than Collins although Steele has played well certainly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Admittedly I haven't watched it closely but I find it hard to believe Steele is better than Collins although Steele has played well certainly.
Yeah Collins game against the Broncos didn't look great to me. Wasn't as bad as the game Steele had but I suspect Collins let himself get a little out of shape.

I'm more curious what Collins could do at LT. That's where he played in college. And yeah I know that was a long time ago but he did it at a high level. Not sure Steele has ever played LT at a high level. The Broncos game reminded me a lot of what he looked like last year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good thing we didn't do something dumb like trade for Melvin Ingram a few weeks ago.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sucks but if he misses 3 games, so be it, we can go 2-1 over this stretch without him. It'd be nice to get Lawrence back in the meantime but the focus has to be on making sure they're all systems go heading into the playoffs, no reason to push too hard right now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sucks but if he misses 3 games, so be it, we can go 2-1 over this stretch without him. It'd be nice to get Lawrence back in the meantime but the focus has to be on making sure they're all systems go heading into the playoffs, no reason to push too hard right now.
Next man up mentality. Someone else is just going to have to step their ass up. But I feel for Gregory, he really was causing offenses fits and finally realizing that probowl level potential that we all thought he could have when we drafted him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Next man up mentality. Someone else is just going to have to step their ass up. But I feel for Gregory, he really was causing offenses fits and finally realizing that probowl level potential that we all thought he could have when we drafted him.
Yea, might be an opportune time to try to extend him while he's out a few games.

Top Bottom