Falcons Stuff...

lostxn

DCC 4Life
But Steele is who he still is. And Jarrett is a good 3T. You know like we are pretending that Hill is working towards.
People are saying nice things about Hill last week. I can't remember seeing much. I think he made one play? All I know is our interior was getting pushed around like crazy. Our vaunted O line wasn't do that...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
People are saying nice things about Hill last week. I can't remember seeing much. I think he made one play? All I know is our interior was getting pushed around like crazy. Our vaunted O line wasn't do that...
I don't know that the Dline was getting pushed around as much as people think. The Rams offense averaged 3.8 yards per carry. That's not great at all.

The sacks weren't there but I'm not sure Goff had to hold the ball lomg enough to get any sacks. Our problem wasn't with the Dline as much as the screen game and short passes that we couldn't stop to save our lives. That's all on the LBers, safeties and corners.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He made at least 2 (i believe there was a tackle on a run play at or behind the LoS and a hustle play that forced a runner out of bounds before the yard marker) nice plays that I remember seeing. Now that dont seem like a lot but considering most everybody thinks he is dogshit I would say he deserves some praise. Still a long ways to go to get the stink of last year off, though.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Well, Hills numbers were better than Poe’s

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I would agree with this. Garrett is gone. Everything from here forward is on McCarthy.
It absolutely is. And he’s let Moore run the same offense the same way he learned under Garrett.

McCarthy has to tell Moore to give the RT help. And Dak has to run or get rid of the football.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The sacks weren't there but I'm not sure Goff had to hold the ball lomg enough to get any sacks. Our problem wasn't with the Dline as much as the screen game and short passes that we couldn't stop to save our lives. That's all on the LBers, safeties and corners.
When they needed pressure they got it from Smith on that 3rd and 12. Problem was the Rams were almost never in 3rd and long from what I can recall.

And that is definitely on the LBs and safeties.

Poe got blocked sideways but that’s ok, it means he’s occupying two OL at least in some fashion. The gap created has to be filled by someone. I think this is where the lack of extra OTAs hurts, as that discipline takes time to be absorbed.

LVE seemed to be content to sit back and brace for impact rather than shooting the gap and attacking. That didn’t work out too well for him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

This has to change. McCarthy did not use a lot of motion in GB and neither did Moore after the first quarter of the season last year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

This has to change. McCarthy did not use a lot of motion in GB and neither did Moore after the first quarter of the season last year.
Yea, I'd imagine this is a large reason why most of us are disappointed in how similar the offense looked to last year's version, aside from getting Elliott more involved in the passing game.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that most of the top offenses/top coaching staffs in the league (Chiefs, Ravens, Seahawks, Saints, Patriots, Rams) are in the top 10, nor do I think it's a coincidence that the Giants are basically dead last, as well as a huge outlier in the second column.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol @ tbdname

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Top Bottom