Ex NFL player does an AMA on Reddit & shares his thoughts on Jerry Jones, etc

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
You are more intelligent than to respond like this unless you are being antagonistic. Nothing was said about Aikman commenting on football. It was about him airing his personal resentments as a commentator.
Again, you seem to consider that what Aikman said was said out of spite and is baseless, I'm of the opinion that what he said is quite acurate and spot on. I remember at the beginning of his "commentator" career he seemed to bend over backwards to seem completely neutral, so I don't think he let's his personal stuff cloud his judgement much regarding his work as a commentator, did he use anecdotal stuff to make a point? Yes. Does that make it "airing personal resentments"? I don't agree.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Again, you seem to consider that what Aikman said was said out of spite and is baseless, I'm of the opinion that what he said is quite acurate and spot on. I remember at the beginning of his "commentator" career he seemed to bend over backwards to seem completely neutral, so I don't think he let's his personal stuff cloud his judgement much regarding his work as a commentator, did he use anecdotal stuff to make a point? Yes. Does that make it "airing personal resentments"? I don't agree.
Fine you may disagree but has been documented by shows on ESPN, etc where he was quite vocal about this very thing. He went on several rants before the camera expressing his sentiments. No I can’t produce them because they aren’t mine to show as I see fit but every now and then they get shown. He has an ax to grind about all this and sometimes he lets loose when he is on the air. He has every right to express himself but anyone that knows the history also knows that he is pretty bitter about his last days as a Dallas Cowboy.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Fine you may disagree but has been documented by shows on ESPN, etc where he was quite vocal about this very thing. He went on several rants before the camera expressing his sentiments. No I can’t produce them because they aren’t mine to show as I see fit but every now and then they get shown. He has an ax to grind about all this and sometimes he lets loose when he is on the air. He has every right to express himself but anyone that knows the history also knows that he is pretty bitter about his last days as a Dallas Cowboy.
I'm still bitter about firing Johnson too. :mad: Would have 6 SBs right now.

Aikman is bitter because he felt he was pushed to retire before he was ready. That is a rediculous position for him to have. Nobody thought he should continue playing.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Aikman is bitter because he felt he was pushed to retire before he was ready. That is a rediculous position for him to have. Nobody thought he should continue playing.
It seems San Diego wanted him so somebody thought he should keep playing.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

It seems San Diego wanted him so somebody thought he should keep playing.
Around the right team Aikman could have absolutely played a couple more years

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Some teams might have wanted to take a chance on Aikman but he knew he was done. He had been subjected to concussions, he had lost his mobility, his back was shot and his attitude was too scattered to tolerate players that didnt meet his expectations. I watched Aikman his entire career and he was never a very tolerant individual. Often times he would isolate himself on the sidelines from the rest of the team. Regardless of what people think, he never was very close to Johnson even though Johnson was his preferred coach. Aikman held a grudge because he thought Johnson tried to sabatoge his career by bringing Walsh’s into the team to replace him. Aikman actual friends on the team were a very small group because he apparently didn’t make friends easily.

He was a privileged player because the timing turned out right for him. Had Jones not bought the team, Johnson would never been his coach and he would probably have gotten hammered ever greater than he did his first couple years . Bum Bright wouldn’t have spent any money on players because his financial institutions kept him drained and Landry would have continued to struggle with sub standard personnel.

Aikman had a great career but it could have been a different story had Jones not been willing to recapitalize the team for quality players and the Herschel Walker trade not supplied the organization with an abundance of quality team mates. The what if’s are astounding in making his career but he still left a bitter person.

Top Bottom