Dunne - Inside Jerry's World

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
What about how he conveniently writes off 2015 with one sentence -- basically, Romo broke his collarbone so that year was a wash -- but goes into intricate detail about last year and how it was Mike's fault? You know, the year when the QB was also lost for the year and the overall injury situation was even worse than 2015, but the clueless, spineless coach won two games more than the amazing Garrett did in 2015?

And Brice Butler being told, if it were up to me you'd be starting but you're not because of upstairs? That sounds like some coach -- probably that weasel politician Garrett himself -- making himself look like the good guy and putting the blame on someone else. Because Butler was a spare who had 5 minutes of fame and was never good enough to be a starter.

I know -- we all know -- that Jerry is a problem. The part about friends being "in" for life is a huge one. (Hello, Jason Garrett is example number one of that.) But damn. This hit piece makes me root even harder for the current coaching staff to win bigger than Garrett ever could.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What about how he conveniently writes off 2015 with one sentence -- basically, Romo broke his collarbone so that year was a wash -- but goes into intricate detail about last year and how it was Mike's fault? You know, the year when the QB was also lost for the year and the overall injury situation was even worse than 2015, but the clueless, spineless coach won two games more than the amazing Garrett did in 2015?

And Brice Butler being told, if it were up to me you'd be starting but you're not because of upstairs? That sounds like some coach -- probably that weasel politician Garrett himself -- making himself look like the good guy and putting the blame on someone else. Because Butler was a spare who had 5 minutes of fame and was never good enough to be a starter.

I know -- we all know -- that Jerry is a problem. The part about friends being "in" for life is a huge one. (Hello, Jason Garrett is example number one of that.) But damn. This hit piece makes me root even harder for the current coaching staff to win bigger than Garrett ever could.
Your Garrett hate is keeping you from thinking rationally.

• Haha
Reactions: p1_

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Damn you Chan Gailey. Passing up Randy Moss was just a colossal fuck up no matter how it happened.

Worst draft day ever.
Right up there with passing on Steven Jackson

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Right up there with passing on Steven Jackson
Yeah, but trading down brought us the immortal Julius Jones, a who-gives-a-shit 5th rd TE in Sean Ryan and the 2005 first round pick which ended up being Marcus Spears.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Yeah, but trading down brought us the immortal Julius Jones, a who-gives-a-shit 5th rd TE in Sean Ryan and the 2005 first round pick which ended up being Marcus Spears.
Yes, I remember :budd

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Parcells seemed pretty insistent on Spears though. I wonder if we'd have had Ware if we only had one first that year.

Honestly I don't think it was a bad trade in a vacuum.

We kind of got screwed that Buffalo randomly had a good season for once.

And we should have done a better job finding a running back. They're not that hard to find a decent one.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Just think, not having that extra first means we probably draft Justin Tuck in the second in 05

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Parcells seemed pretty insistent on Spears though. I wonder if we'd have had Ware if we only had one first that year.

Honestly I don't think it was a bad trade in a vacuum.

We kind of got screwed that Buffalo randomly had a good season for once.

And we should have done a better job finding a running back. They're not that hard to find a decent one.
Ahem. JuJo was a great back but Parcells made him run like a robot.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Your Garrett hate is keeping you from thinking rationally.
My Garrett hate is perfectly rational. I had nothing against him until he was here for a few years and saw how he was.

You don't think there is an irrational amount of propping Red in this series?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My Garrett hate is perfectly rational. I had nothing against him until he was here for a few years and saw how he was.

You don't think there is an irrational amount of propping Red in this series?
Yep. And it didn't distract me from the other stuff.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep. And it didn't distract me from the other stuff.
I acknowledged some of the other stuff. I do think some of it is highly disputable, though, as even the author admits.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Speed reading helps
I skimmed through the first one this way. What I read was a lot of the things we have said for years mixed with Garrett apologetics. I couldn't quite manage the second one let alone the third. Just spot reading: So, you have to yell to be a leader? I always hated that thought process. The right decisions were made within the organization this offseason. McCarthy got somewhat of a pass due to COVID and other complications. Nolan got canned because he couldn't make simple adjustments. ALso tries to make it sound like Dak was chosen over Romo. Romo was hurt, Dak stepped in and excelled. If Romo wasn't hurt, Dak sits that first year.

Last edited:

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Lots of hate for the writer, but it’s kinda hard to ignore the elephant in the room. Many of the points and interviews the writer references have been discussed here for years.
After all, there ARE reasons this franchise hasn’t sniffed a SB in 25 years and I’d say many of those cause-effect reasons could be legitimate as pointed out in the article.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Lots of hate for the writer, but it’s kinda hard to ignore the elephant in the room. Many of the points and interviews the writer references have been discussed here for years.
After all, there ARE reasons this franchise hasn’t sniffed a SB in 25 years and I’d say many of those reasons are legitimate as pointed out in the article.
Yeah but no one here(other than Smitty) ever propped up Garrett as much as he does in this

Top Bottom