Dunne - Inside Jerry's World

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lots of hate for the writer, but it’s kinda hard to ignore the elephant in the room. Many of the points and interviews the writer references have been discussed here for years.
After all, there ARE reasons this franchise hasn’t sniffed a SB in 25 years and I’d say many of those cause-effect reasons could be legitimate as pointed out in the article.
Yep.

I chose to overlook the Garrett shit...focused more on the stuff about how we are basically an inept front office and it hasn't changed.

I am sure there was a little slant here considering who he interviewed. Of course Linehan is going to prop the guy. Most of the others too. Garrett was a manipulator and that included getting some people to like him.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yep.

I chose to overlook the Garrett shit...focused more on the stuff about how we are basically an inept front office and it hasn't changed.

I am sure there was a little slant here considering who he interviewed. Of course Linehan is going to prop the guy. Most of the others too. Garrett was a manipulator and that included getting some people to like him.
I found the draft info and Jerry’s insidious need to be involved in the article very interesting. Our draft sucked monkey balls for years when he and the “boys” were calling the shots on the draft board. I don’t think there’s any coincidence there.
You don’t GM a team by rolling the dice and gambling on that glory hole year after year. Apparently Jerry never got the memo.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah but no one here(other than Smitty) ever propped up Garrett as much as he does in this
Agreed. I’m with Booze, ignore the Garrett shit and you still have some eye-opening moments in the article that really make sense when you look at how this team has disappointed over the years.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom