donations to ukraine

waldoputty

Banned for the Greater Good
on a serious note, if some of u folks want to help ukrainians...
i know this thread does not belong here, but hope it is ok.

my family has been sending money directly to ukraine citizens through airbnb.com and fiverr.com
we are merely following a social media trend: I booked an Airbnb in Ukraine as a donation. My host told me about the fight for her land — and her future.

for those who are not familiar, airbnb connects with real people (hosts) who rent out property for short-term stays (including ukrainians), but u need to doublecheck it is not a scam or someone who owns 20 properties or a host who just signed up in march 2022

most of you are probably not familiar fiverr. fiverr connects to real people who offer various skills all over the world, including ukraine, but u need to doublecheck it is not someone who just signed up in march 2022

airbnb has one advantage because airbnb is declining their fees for ukraine hosts, but hosts in ukraine tend to be richer (can rent a home or more) and may need to money less.
fiverr has one advantage because the people are less wealthy, on average, than those on airbnb, but fiverr still charges a fee (overhead)

my family has made small donations to 10 airbnb hosts and 5 fiverr people. i always contact them first to make sure they are able to receive funds. it feels pretty good inside to help these poor people who are being bombed out of oblivion. most of them have invited me to visit after the war. several of them actually have left/leaving ukraine due to the war.

if you are interested but unsure about how to do this, please let me know.

putty

Last edited:

waldoputty

Banned for the Greater Good
Heard about the airbnb thing on the radio this morning.
yes airbnb works really well for sending money with no overhead (unlike big charities).
i have been trading messages with a number of hosts there.

Top Bottom