DeSantis thread

armadillooutlaw

DCC 4Life
He is pandering to the Evan base. It could work if he blasts Trump hard on his obviously sinful life and all Trump has to retort is a stupid nickname.
He already took a shot at Trump "paying off a p0rn star".
I'd expect more is coming.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So on Ron D and Trump...

I wish they wouldn't both be running, because I'm about 95% sure they're going to destroy each other and only hurt the ticket.

But is anyone else kind of looking forward to Trump getting blasted by a legitimate, competent candidate? In 2016 Trump could blast away and no one could come back with much because Trump didn't have a record. But now DeSantis has all kinds of ammo, from Trump's terrible personnel decisions to his vax love to handing the country over to Fauci and Birx to not destroying an incompetent Biden in the 2020 debates.

Again, I'm not a never Trumper at all and I'll vote for him in a heartbeat, but a part of me does want to see Trump get some of his own medicine.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Desantis is sounding good now that the technical issues have been worked out.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Full of negativity and lameness just like Ron’s personality. No solutions or hopeful ideas just a bunch of boring attacks on “wokeness” interspersed with red meat for intolerant wing nuts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Full of negativity and lameness just like Ron’s personality. No solutions or hopeful ideas just a bunch of boring attacks on “wokeness” interspersed with red meat for intolerant wing nuts.
That is a concern. It rouses the base.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Hot take:

DeSantis better pray he wins this primary. If he loses, he won’t get another shot. If Trump wins this primary(I predict he will), Trump will endorse someone other than DeSantis is 2028. His base will vote for that person.

I believe DeSantis just wrecked any chance he had at the White House by officially entering the fray.

Also, still can’t stand DeSantis. I get big Jeb Bush and Paul Ryan vibes from him.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I believe DeSantis just wrecked any chance he had at the White House by officially entering the fray.
So his best chance at the WH was by staying out? That sounds like no chance to me. Biden is the most vulnerable incumbent in quite some time, so when did you want DeSantis to run?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So his best chance at the WH was by staying out? That sounds like no chance to me. Biden is the most vulnerable incumbent in quite some time, so when did you want DeSantis to run?
He's saying he should wait 4 years until Trump is out of the picture.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
2028 was his best chance. Mend fences with Trump between now and then and hope for his endorsement when the time comes.

DeSantis May eek out the nomination. He will not win the presidency unless Biden voters just stay home in a big way. Trump’s base will not get behind him this time around because they see this as a betrayal.

Right or wrong, Trump supporters see Ron as as being where he is because he rode Trump’s coattails in 2016. Remember, he narrowly beat Gillum in 2016.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah, I think Desantis just thought he'd better strike while the iron is hot. What would he do for two years when his current term as governor ends?

And I don't get the Shane/Sheik line of thinking. A Trump "betrayal?" What if Trump wants to run until he's 90, should everyone just step aside until then? Competition is the name of the game. If he's all that he'll beat Desantis anyway. I don't get where Trump gets to trash everyone else nonstop and everyone is just supposed to take it and never fire back.

I also don't get the RINO talk. Desantis wouldn't have done all the stuff he's done in Florida if that were the case.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
2028 was his best chance. Mend fences with Trump between now and then and hope for his endorsement when the time comes.

DeSantis May eek out the nomination. He will not win the presidency unless Biden voters just stay home in a big way. Trump’s base will not get behind him this time around because they see this as a betrayal.

Right or wrong, Trump supporters see Ron as as being where he is because he rode Trump’s coattails in 2016. Remember, he narrowly beat Gillum in 2016.
The MAGA crowd will stay home out of spite and hand a decrepit old man, who hates them, another four years? Unlikely.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
The MAGA crowd will stay home out of spite and hand a decrepit old man, who hates them, another four years? Unlikely.
I think they will, though. Sad!

Top Bottom