Anxiety

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Now you know people care about you, asswipe.
Maybe it was a call for attention, I don't know. If so, that makes me feel even worse. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
Man up and ask someone for help.
That's where I'm at, and I really appreciate your story. That had to be rough. I don't like meds either. I don't trust them. So...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Maybe it was a call for attention, I don't know. If so, that makes me feel even worse. :lol
Don't worry we will give you more attention than you want at the DCC convention when we draw a dick on your face when you pass out.

*It will actually be traced

Cotton

Staff member
Don't worry we will give you more attention than you want at the DCC convention when we draw a dick on your face when you pass out.

*It will actually be traced
Made me feel so much better. :unsure

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't want to belabor the great points that have already been made throughout the thread but I'd also suggest making a conscious attempt to be kinder and less judgmental towards yourself. You denigrate yourself by mentioning a "man card", calling yourself a pussy, feeling bad because you felt the need to express yourself, none of that is real.

As long as you're not committing crimes or actively harming people there is no standard that you have to live up to that makes you a "man" or a "good person", try to give yourself grace, especially when you know you're going through a difficult time.

And definitely have an open mind about seeing someone, there is something therapeutic about just getting things off your chest as you did here, and that feeling is only stronger when done professionally when you find the right match.

Mental illness should not be a stigmatized thing, I think literally everybody in the world has some form of mental "illness" (I'd just call it the quirks of how the human brain works and not actual illness) and it's just another facet that makes up life.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't want to belabor the great points that have already been made throughout the thread but I'd also suggest making a conscious attempt to be kinder and less judgmental towards yourself. You denigrate yourself by mentioning a "man card", calling yourself a pussy, feeling bad because you felt the need to express yourself, none of that is real.

As long as you're not committing crimes or actively harming people there is no standard that you have to live up to that makes you a "man" or a "good person", try to give yourself grace, especially when you know you're going through a difficult time.

And definitely have an open mind about seeing someone, there is something therapeutic about just getting things off your chest as you did here, and that feeling is only stronger when done professionally when you find the right match.

Mental illness should not be a stigmatized thing, I think literally everybody in the world has some form of mental "illness" (I'd just call it the quirks of how the human brain works and not actual illness) and it's just another facet that makes up life.
You actually nailed it here. Part of my personality is that I am very hard on myself. It can be beneficial because I focus more on not fucking up and so my work life benefits from it to a degree, but that is definitely a fault of mine. I will beat myself up 10 times more than anyone else ever could.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
You actually nailed it here. Part of my personality is that I am very hard on myself. It can be beneficial because I focus more on not fucking up and so my work life benefits from it to a degree, but that is definitely a fault of mine. I will beat myself up 10 times more than anyone else ever could.
There’s no need for that. You have us to beat you up when required. We’ll bring bats, pitchforks, torches, etc., and do it right. Ok, I won’t, because you’re in Lubbock, and I can’t stand that backwater shit stain of a city.
:monkeydance

Cotton

Staff member
when did this start Iamtdg?
About 10 years ago off and on. It got really bad when (I think) I had my first anxiety attack the day I posted this.

Cotton

Staff member
Wanted to let everyone know that I feel much better than I did a few days ago. I went to my first therapy appointment yesterday and it helped some. Not sure how sold I am on shrinks, to be perfectly honest, but it does help talking about it.

Anyway, how about them Cowboys???

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
but it does help talking about it.

I think that's the thing. I've never been to therapy myself, but my wife has used it and it seems to help her. What it comes down to for me is, talking about whatever is going on in your thoughts has immense benefits, whether you do that with a therapist or someone else. I'm glad you posted this update, I've been wondering how it was going.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
About 10 years ago off and on. It got really bad when (I think) I had my first anxiety attack the day I posted this.
I was gonna hit the "like" button but that seemed callous in this instance so wanted to type "I hear you" instead

hope you find a remedy and way of dealing with it asap!

p1_

DCC 4Life
Good to hear. If you think about it, us fuckers care more about your well being than Jerry cares about winning

data

Forbes #1
Wanted to let everyone know that I feel much better than I did a few days ago. I went to my first therapy appointment yesterday and it helped some. Not sure how sold I am on shrinks, to be perfectly honest, but it does help talking about it.

Anyway, how about them Cowboys???
Quote fingers “therapy”, reality is an Asian stripper with a pegleg named Jade

j/k glad you feel better

Cotton

Staff member
I think that's the thing. I've never been to therapy myself, but my wife has used it and it seems to help her. What it comes down to for me is, talking about whatever is going on in your thoughts has immense benefits, whether you do that with a therapist or someone else. I'm glad you posted this update, I've been wondering how it was going.
I'm not sure how long this therapy thing will last but I promise to give it a try. My wife watching me bawl last weekend was enough to make me open my eyes. I was in really bad shape.

I said this in my initial post, but I am absolutely not suicidal. Anyone that follows me on FB knows I have so much to live for. New house, child in college, child who will never do college but she is as smart as anyone I have ever met. I have done well with my kids.

I know you didn't say I was suicidal, but I decided to wrap many replies into one and you became the victim.

Thank you, boys. I really do appreciate the support. I have been stunned by the response. You guys never cease to amaze me. :lol

I only laugh because no one would ever expect this group to be sensitive. Incredible.

Top Bottom