Anxiety

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I used to drink soda like a fiend. Like 5 or 6 cans a day. Sometimes more.

I had to cut down to zero for several months but then I started back with limiting myself to 1 a day. Now I'm back up to 2 or 3. I'm sure I'll stop there though. :unsure

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I used to drink soda like a fiend. Like 5 or 6 cans a day. Sometimes more.
Same here. Maybe more than that.

Stopped pretty much cold turkey last year and haven't missed it at all. I've had a few individual ones at restaurants just for the taste or a little caffeine, but I haven't bought one at a store in all that time. It's kind of nice to not feel compelled to go buy two or three 12-packs a week. :unsure

Oh, and I'm talking about Cokes. Not sure about this soda business. Is that different?

Genghis Khan

Same here. Maybe more than that.

Stopped pretty much cold turkey last year and haven't missed it at all. I've had a few individual ones at restaurants just for the taste or a little caffeine, but I haven't bought one at a store in all that time. It's kind of nice to not feel compelled to go buy two or three 12-packs a week. :unsure

Oh, and I'm talking about Cokes. Not sure about this soda business. Is that different?

I miss it when I don't drink it. I think I crave the carbonation.

Genghis Khan

See, I don't understand calling it coke regardless of the actual brand your talking about.

The soda vs pop stuff I get, although I'm pretty sure calling it pop makes jesus cry.

But coke is a brand name.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So about coffee. Look, I like my Yeti full of it when I leave for work each day.

But I don't let it consume me. You ever see drive thru lines out the ass at Starbucks, etc.?

I will be fucking damned if I wait in line for coffee. Some people act like it's pussy or dick waiting at the window.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So about coffee. Look, I like my Yeti full of it when I leave for work each day.

But I don't let it consume me. You ever see drive thru lines out the ass at Starbucks, etc.?

I will be fucking damned if I wait in line for coffee. Some people act like it's pussy or dick waiting at the window.
Fuck Starbucks.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

As long as you're not wanting some super double pump with a spritz of pumpkin bullshit Quiktrip has better real coffee.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fuck Starbucks.
Okay, they also do it at the Mom & Pop shack that opened up right in front of a local megachurch near my house.

Shit is literally 18 cars deep on Sunday mornings.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Plus I refuse to use their made up terms for small-medium-large

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Plus I refuse to use their made up terms for small-medium-large
Then you invite conflict by even going there.

Barista: Can I take your order?
You: I would like a small coffee please.
Barista: Sir, this is a Starbucks. We have Short, Tall and Gran...
You: FUCK YOU YOU COMMIE SUBVERSIVE!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Then you invite conflict by even going there.

Barista: Can I take your order?
You: I would like a small coffee please.
Barista: Sir, this is a Starbucks. We have Short, Tall and Gran...
You: FUCK YOU YOU COMMIE SUBVERSIVE!
Nah I usually go gimmie a medium black coffee and then just say I said what I said

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It's not like they don't know what small-medium-large translates to on their menu

Top Bottom