Anxiety

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sorry to hear that and if they put you on meds pay attention to your thoughts some can have bad side effects
I already went through a month of Lexapro, and had to get off of it because it was making it much worse.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I already went through a month of Lexapro, and had to get off of it because it was making it much worse.
Those medications are bad. The doctors prescribing them are clueless pushers.

midswat

... soon
Get off chemicals. Read. Excercise. Eat better. Drink mostly water. Fuck. Get plenty of sleep. Build/craft something with your hands. Close this sad sack of a thread.

Boom. Cured.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get off chemicals. Read. Excercise. Eat better. Drink mostly water. Fuck. Get plenty of sleep. Build/craft something with your hands. Close this sad sack of a thread.

Boom. Cured.
I will say exercise and eating well can do amazing things for my mood and attitude.

Cotton

Staff member
I have renamed this "anxiety" because that is what I actually have been dealing with. I had the best day I have had in many months today. I almost felt normal. It was really good.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Beer, if that's considered a med.

My whole substance use, for 30+ years, was about self medicating my anxiety. Just be careful. Like Geng said, talking about it is the best coping skill. Make time for self-care also. Life can get to feeling like a grind sometimes and that tends to amp up anxiety. Find some things that bring you peace (which would probably exclude watching football) and set aside time for those things.

Cujo

DCC 4Life

That's what I'm taking right now and it's not working for me either. Funny, because it did the last time I took it.

Cotton

Staff member
My whole substance use, for 30+ years, was about self medicating my anxiety. Just be careful. Like Geng said, talking about it is the best coping skill. Make time for self-care also. Life can get to feeling like a grind sometimes and that tends to amp up anxiety. Find some things that bring you peace (which would probably exclude watching football) and set aside time for those things.
It is a delicate balance. I'm trying my ass off not to rely on self-medication. It ain't easy.

Cotton

Staff member
Hang in their man.

I have been off of medication for 9 months now. Monday I was physically sick dealing with anxiety over a situation. Bad days suck but the good ones keep coming.
I'm really ready for consistent good days. Just string me about 3 of them in a row and I will feel much better about this bullshit.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I'm really ready for consistent good days. Just string me about 3 of them in a row and I will feel much better about this bullshit.

I started lifting weights again right before Christmas and that has helped me a lot as well. Started off just walking right after I got over Covid. I feel better physically and mentally than I have in a long, long time.

Top Bottom