Anxiety

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My wife's niece's husband died of COVID complications overnight Tuesday. I have to admit this is the first significant death I have had since my mother passed. Fucked me up yesterday and it is still fucking me up.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My wife's niece's husband died of COVID complications overnight Tuesday. I have to admit this is the first significant death I have had since my mother passed. Fucked me up yesterday and it is still fucking me up.
That sucks, man. Sorry, brother.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

That sucks. It's definitely a difficult thing to deal with. Sorry to hear it.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Thing is, we were not super-close. My wife's niece is a different story. She's always been like a little sister I never had.

Hurts so bad for her. And their kids.

I hear you. My father in law died of covid a few months ago. I was pretty close to him and it definitely sucks. Actually still doesn't seem real.

But it's REALLY fucked up my wife. I just don't even know what to say or do for her sometimes. Just wish I could take it away.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Sorry to hear that, condolences to you and yours

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hear you. My father in law died of covid a few months ago. I was pretty close to him and it definitely sucks. Actually still doesn't seem real.

But it's REALLY fucked up my wife. I just don't even know what to say or do for her sometimes. Just wish I could take it away.
It is really hard...especially when things are usually smooth sailing. Very tough.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sorry to hear that, condolences to you and yours
It was pretty sad to see unravel. He was very much an anti-masker and anti-vaccine.

And...well, he got it.

Now he leaves behind his family.

The worst part is his soon-to-be kindergarten child.

She still is worried about missing her first day of school.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It was pretty sad to see unravel. He was very much an anti-masker and anti-vaccine.

And...well, he got it.

That is really rough. Was there underlying issues? Just taking note for my own well being.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That is really rough. Was there underlying issues? Just taking note for my own well being.
A touch overweight but no underneath health issues. Worked everyday with his landscaping business.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
A touch overweight but no underneath health issues. Worked everyday with his landscaping business.
That's terrible.

My office manager went into the hospital with covid and barely came out alive.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Very sorry to hear that, boozer.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

And...well, he got it.

Sorry to hear that.

I hate the time that we're living in now in our nation.

Everything has to be political now and you have to choose sides.

But Covid like other viruses and illnesses aren't left or right, red or blue -- it's just science and medicine and should be treated accordingly.

Sadly, it has been treated politically and it's led to irresponsible and regretful decision and actions.

It's sad to hear the stories like yours or see some video of some regretful anti-masker on their deathbed wishing they had protected themselves.

Fuck politics. Protect yourselves and your families. Use common sense and you should be OK.

Why is that so hard for people to comprehend?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sorry to hear that.

I hate the time that we're living in now in our nation.

Everything has to be political now and you have to choose sides.

But Covid like other viruses and illnesses aren't left or right, red or blue -- it's just science and medicine and should be treated accordingly.

Sadly, it has been treated politically and it's led to irresponsible and regretful decision and actions.

It's sad to hear the stories like yours or see some video of some regretful anti-masker on their deathbed wishing they had protected themselves.

Fuck politics. Protect yourselves and your families. Use common sense and you should be OK.

Why is that so hard for people to comprehend?
Yeah, it is getting chronic.

In fact, some of Donnie's family showed their ass over political stuff and COVID.

His sister was bitching that it was malpractice, the doctors did something wrong by medically inducing his coma and suing, the virus wasn't the real cause, blah blah blah.

Jesus Christ, it was infuriating, but I kept my mouth shut out of respect.

The funeral is tomorrow. I hope she tones that shit down because this time I might not be so respectful.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You people saying that people being anti-vax being a politically fueled football, is you using this bullshit for a politically fueled football. Are you suggesting that people shouldn't be reluctant to get the vaccine? If you're saying people should get the vaccine regardless of their personal feelings, you have bought into this political fucking football. Let people live their god damn lives. Jesus. I am tired of all of this. LET PEOPLE LIVE THEIR OWN GOD DAMN LIVES.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You people saying that people being anti-vax being a politically fueled football, is you using this bullshit for a politically fueled football. Are you suggesting that people shouldn't be reluctant to get the vaccine? If you're saying people should get the vaccine regardless of their personal feelings, you have bought into this political fucking football. Let people live their god damn lives. Jesus. I am tired of all of this. LET PEOPLE LIVE THEIR OWN GOD DAMN LIVES.
Well, Donnie lived his life and now leaves behind a wife and two children because of his personal choices. His wife who is a regional nurse, got the vaccine.

And yes, he probably should have got the vaccine because four others in our four family group got COVID and were hospitalized.

And please...DO NOT fucking spout off with a goddamn lecture about this to me right now.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
The scary part about covid is its still too new to understand.

The scary part about the vaccine is it’s still too new to understand.

Nobody knows enough about either. People are absolutely free to take a risk, we do it in a million different ways throughout our lives. Nobody is getting out of this life alive, so we should all do what’s best for ourselves.

I feel terrible for Booze and his extended family. I know sickly people who have gotten the virus and been fine, diabetics, people with heart conditions, old people with other health issues.

I’ve also heard about people like Booze’s nephew, relatively healthy and they die from it.

It’s a weird virus, but pretending everything is settled on it and we should just trust that it’s a killer on its face, I’m skeptical about what we’ve been through in the last 1.5 years.

I’m skeptical about body counts and the actions of our leaders. If it’s as serious as we hear, why aren’t we acting like New Zealand? They’ve had a full stop travel ban for 18 months. Only those with NZ passports can enter the country, and when they do, they have to test and quarantine for two weeks.

Until I see those measures from my government, I’m going to assume that they aren’t serious about this either.

Top Bottom