Democrat Presidential Nominees

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Fucking LOL

This article is from 2010.

The New York Post has just reported that Brooklyn Assembly Members Annette Robinson [D.-Bedford Stuyvesant] and Darryl Towns [D.-East New York] have introduced a “minimum force” bill that would require officers to “shoot a suspect in the arm or the leg” and to use firearms “with the intent to stop, rather than kill.”

“When I encounter civilian response to officer-involved shootings, it’s very often ‘Why didn’t they just shoot him in the leg?’” Dr. Bill Lewinski, executive director of the Force Science Institute, told Force Science News in a 2006 interview centered on Paterson’s proposed legislation. “When civilians judge police shooting deaths–on juries, on review boards, in the media, in the community–this same argument is often brought forward. Shooting to wound is naively regarded as a reasonable means of stopping dangerous behavior.

“In reality, this thinking is a result of ‘training by Hollywood,’ in which movie and TV cops are able to do anything to control the outcomes of events that serve the director’s dramatic interests. It reflects a misconception of real-life dynamics and ends up imposing unrealistic expectations of skill on real-life officers.”

Vice President Joe Biden agrees. When Michael Paladino, president of New York’s Detectives Endowment Association, showed him the bill he reportedly scoffed and suggested that it be called the “John Wayne Bill” because of the unrealistic, movie-like sharpshooting skills it demands of officers.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Bogus claim my ass. Biden is on record saying he will repeal Trump's tax cuts. If that's not a tax hike on them middle class, I don't know what is. Just because it's not a new tax doesn't mean it isn't a tax hike.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bogus claim my ass. Biden is on record saying he will repeal Trump's tax cuts. If that's not a tax hike on them middle class, I don't know what is. Just because it's not a new tax doesn't mean it isn't a tax hike.
Fact checking is a joke. Nothing about a fact check do I find to be a fact anymore.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Geez even Carson got in on Biden.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I love what Trump said there.

I hate how the media tries to ask trump gotcha questions and then try to talk over him and screech at him as he's trying to answer.

I hate how they run so much cover for Biden that they try to turn the story away from an all-timer corruption story into somehow Trump's being mean about it.

THAT'S NOT THE STORY.

It's unreal.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Top Bottom