DeAndre Hopkins Released

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So are you thinking that given the contract situations of Diggs, Lamb, and Dak, it would be salary cap unwise/unworkable to sign another higher profile free agent?
Of course. Stephen Jones may not let on, but the pucker factor is pretty high with the money. I just don't see them going all in like that.

Unless there is some parachute that gets released when Prescott is extended, the negotiations may be tougher than we might think.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Of course. Stephen Jones may not let on, but the pucker factor is pretty high with the money. I just don't see them going all in like that.

Unless there is some parachute that gets released when Prescott is extended, the negotiations may be tougher than we might think.
The saving grace would be if he takes a friendly deal if he sees the window of opportunity in Dallas. Of course he would have just as good (or better) chance in KC or Buffalo.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The saving grace would be if he takes a friendly deal if he sees the window of opportunity in Dallas. Of course he would have just as good (or better) chance in KC or Buffalo.
I really don't think this franchise is viewed by players as "the one" to go to if you want to be a mercenary for a Super Bowl.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
I really don't think this franchise is viewed by players as "the one" to go to if you want to be a mercenary for a Super Bowl.
Not usually but I feel like this year could be different. Assuming our D plays like they did last year and the offense can put up points this really could be a special year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not usually but I feel like this year could be different. Assuming our D plays like they did last year and the offense can put up points this really could be a special year.
The culture in Dallas is well known to players.

You have to want to do that. I cannot blame anyone who wouldn't want that.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
The culture in Dallas is well known to players.

You have to want to do that. I cannot blame anyone who wouldn't want that.
I agree. Just putting the possibility there. Even if it is slim.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Sick if he went to KC. They are though literally in the worst cap shape in the league and have other needs

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

If he goes back to Houston, everything he said about where he wanted to play was bullshit.
It's like the NBA rumors in regards to James Harden returning to the Rockets.

They're talented players but the rebuild timeline of the Houston teams doesn't match where the players are at in their careers; especially with Hopkins. He probably only has 3 productive years left in him. If winning is a priority he shouldn't even entertain rebuilding franchises like the Texans.

Top Bottom