Day Three Prognosis

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Going into Day 3, the Cowboys need to address a couple of other key areas and if they keep all of their picks, they flesh out the roster a little as well.

Inside Linebacker - This is not a negotiable and "eh we'll be okay" area. Vander Esch needs to be a camp cut with Cox competing with a strong prospect. Brandon Smith is the best target. I would be satisfied if he's the choice in the 4th. Grabbing and stashing Damone Clark with a precious 5th would make me yank it clean off.

Tight End - I am not as eager as the Cowboys appear to be to get one but it makes sense. Kolar? Oh hells ayuh. Ferguson? Otton? Lively? Feh. It better not be Calcaterra is all I have to say.

Defensive Tackle - The team may ignore this, in fact there is a high probability they might. But I wouldn't. I do not think Winfrey lasts. Bring me Thomas Booker or John Ridgeway earlier or Curtis Brooks of Cincinnati later.

Cornerback - We will probably take one. And interestingly enough, there are some intriguing ones left like Coby Bryant, Damarri Mathis and Tariq Woolen. Daron Bland is the guy I think the team is telegraphing.

Interior OL - I still want more competition in there. Salyer is a no-brainer. Darrian Kinnard is still out there. Thayer Munford has POSITION FLEX and Cade Mays would be classically decent in the 5th or 6th. Dawson Deaton got a lot of attention from the team.

Wide Receiver - I would take a gadgety one like Calvin Austin or Shakir and go to war. If they got to have size, then Ezukanma. I would even support an injury flier on Justyn Ross. Thing is, these guys are likely to go very early, so I am not certain they are ready to double dip at the cost of a 4th. If not early, then not at all. I wouldn't waste a pick on other guys they have looked at like Charleston Rambo.

Kicker - I am not really a fan of drafting one but whatever. If they do, it better be Cade York or Gabe Brkic over Cameron Dicker. I can't stand his name and I would be ashamed to have to root for him to make a kick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Going into Day 3, the Cowboys need to address a couple of other key areas and if they keep all of their picks, they flesh out the roster a little as well.

Inside Linebacker - This is not a negotiable and "eh we'll be okay" area. Vander Esch needs to be a camp cut with Cox competing with a strong prospect. Brandon Smith is the best target. I would be satisfied if he's the choice in the 4th. Grabbing and stashing Damone Clark with a precious 5th would make me yank it clean off.

Tight End - I am not as eager as the Cowboys appear to be to get one but it makes sense. Kolar? Oh hells ayuh. Ferguson? Otton? Lively? Feh. It better not be Calcaterra is all I have to say.

Defensive Tackle - The team may ignore this, in fact there is a high probability they might. But I wouldn't. I do not think Winfrey lasts. Bring me Thomas Booker or John Ridgeway earlier or Curtis Brooks of Cincinnati later.

Cornerback - We will probably take one. And interestingly enough, there are some intriguing ones left like Coby Bryant, Damarri Mathis and Tariq Woolen. Daron Bland is the guy I think the team is telegraphing.

Interior OL - I still want more competition in there. Salyer is a no-brainer. Darrian Kinnard is still out there. Thayer Munford has POSITION FLEX and Cade Mays would be classically decent in the 5th or 6th. Dawson Deaton got a lot of attention from the team.

Wide Receiver - I would take a gadgety one like Calvin Austin or Shakir and go to war. If they got to have size, then Ezukanma. I would even support an injury flier on Justyn Ross. Thing is, these guys are likely to go very early, so I am not certain they are ready to double dip at the cost of a 4th. If not early, then not at all. I wouldn't waste a pick on other guys they have looked at like Charleston Rambo.

Kicker - I am not really a fan of drafting one but whatever. If they do, it better be Cade York or Gabe Brkic over Cameron Dicker. I can't stand his name and I would be ashamed to have to root for him to make a kick.
I'm rooting for the Iowa kicker undrafted. Guy was clutch as hell and consistent. He is very tiny too.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
You dont want to hear our fans screaming "Way to go Dick"? A Dick Kick?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Inside Linebacker - This is not a negotiable and "eh we'll be okay" area.
I really like D'Marco Jackson, you've probably never heard of him but dude can run and hit. I think he becomes an NFL starter.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I really like D'Marco Jackson, you've probably never heard of him but dude can run and hit. I think he becomes an NFL starter.
I have heard of him, I keep up with the App State kids. He'd be great on STs at least.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have heard of him, I keep up with the App State kids. He'd be great on STs at least.
120 tackles, 6 sacks and he can run well. I like me an App State LBer. Not as sexy as Brandon Smith but he is a real player.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shit, I forgot RB. They would be stupid to stick to their we lak our guys here. Abram Smith please.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I know this is sacrilege, but any kickers worth taking? Worked out for Cincy last year.

edit: booze addressed it

Last edited:

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Kicker - I am not really a fan of drafting one but whatever. If they do, it better be Cade York or Gabe Brkic over Cameron Dicker. I can't stand his name and I would be ashamed to have to root for him to make a kick
IDK...Hearing the announcer go "Dicker right down the middle" has some entertainment value.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I generally agree with the overall prognosis although I don't think LB is as much of a need. LVE is passable enough, hopefully Cox makes a jump and Parsons will still line up there probably at least 40% of the time.

Kearse and Wilson will also operate as pseudo-LB's in nickel/dime as well if I had to guess.

I'd love a CB in the 4th if Woolen, Bryant or McCollum are there, but ultimately I'd be looking to package two 5th's to move up for Winfrey.

We don't need 6 fucking day 3 players.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
My top 24, since we have the 24th pick of the round:

1. Perrion Winfrey
2. Jamaree Salyer
3. Coby Bryant
4. Charlie Kolar
5. Khalil Shakir
6. Tariq Woolen
7. Dominique Robinson
8. Kingsley Enagbare